Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished up my cai install. It took me a total of about 5 hours to do the whole thing. I seemed to get held up on alot of stupid things and it really slowed me down. The biggest problem was the stock airbox which I yelled at for a while then cut to pieces in a fit of rage.

Im gonna go drive it now and post back what I find.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Wow, you chopped the shit out of that air box. Let us know how it makes you feel - what does your seat-of-the-pants guage tell you?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys got back from a spirited drive. The car definately got some more oomph. I would say within reason 10whp is not out of the question. It sounds bad ass too, alot cooler than I thought it would. The car feals alot smoother now, its weird but it revs up alot nicer and even started faster than normal. Will give some track and dynos numbers soon.

·
Registered
754 Posts
LOL,you made my day with that airbox smash up.It looks like it ended well for you though....I am still laughing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
hey clownhairand others, does any one have any good tips on this install?

Maybe some advice for those whom will be installing theirs this week from the group buy.

I am excited, ?BTW any one have a pic of wheel well with filter installed without a tire back on.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
amishland said:
hey clownhairand others, does any one have any good tips on this install?

Maybe some advice for those whom will be installing theirs this week from the group buy.

I am excited, ?BTW any one have a pic of wheel well with filter installed without a tire back on.
my only real tip besides following the instructions, is make sure you are anal about fitment. don't tighten anything until you've got the two pipes connected PERFECTLY on the bottom end, then go back and tighten everything down. if not, you pipes could become disconnected from one another under the stresses of driving hard. they mention this in the instructions, and i suggest you take the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts