Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday I was called by K&N and they asked me if I could drop my car off for them to do some more test fitting.........but wait the best part of the conversation was the they were going to leave a kit on my car :eek: So on Tuesday I dropped of my car and the had a rental for me. Buy the way I had only read about the chrysler Pacifica but after driving it for 2 days I do have to say that it is a nice crossover vehicle. It was loaded with dvd player xm radio full leather. Anyways as far as when the kit will be released I do not know :( I do have pictures. And yes it is a true cold air system with the piping ending in the fender. I wish I could down load a sound clip. It kind of sounds like Barry's with the exception being that you can hear the wine in all five gears. Better throttle response, exceleration and over all just plain :eek: . The but dyno can really feel the difference. Well it is late and I need to go to bed. here is a picture. I will try to post more tomorrow :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
pic not there

finally some actual progres and not just rumors now we will have to wait and see how long to get it for the rest of us

·
Registered
609 Posts
were gonna needs pics and video stat!! :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't really care about video's but wouldn't mind pictures. Also can't wait for a release date...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
how did they deal with the MAF? did they make a replacement for the stock airbox lid with a connector for it? post pics soon!

·
Registered
391 Posts
i didnt really get a good look at it, but doesnt the MAF have two bolts and probe into the air tube that measures the air. if so then im sure its like what the focus owners have, they just weld and bung on the intake tube with a flat spot and a hole drilled for the MAF.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright here are some pictures. The maf sensor has been mounted to the side of the tube. This is the first coldair system that I have seen form K&N. I could be wrong. Anyways hope you like. If you live near Temecula California tomorrow Saturn of Temecula will be hosting a car show. Their willbe the Saturnmotorsports Rig there. I was going to try to go but I have to work :mad: .

Attachments

·
I
7,838 Posts
I wonder when it is going to be available, and what the cost is going to be. But it does look stock. Where was the filter relocated to? It looked as if it just went straight down and not to the side of the fenderwell.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The filter ends up in the upper right fender. And as far as dyno numbers. All Ican say is that with the intake it did add 13 ponys.

·
Registered
343 Posts
K&N = Nice!

looks nice, did the entire factory air box need to be removed for this install?

Can you describe it more when you get a chance?

it would be cool to see pics of it out of the vehicle but i guess beggers cant be choosers.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
1 - 20 of 90 Posts