Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i paid 209 to get it installed at saturn and im taking it easy (raining) then i just had to hear it so i floor it 1st 2nd 3rd sounds great and is fast as shit!!!!!!!
then i let off (happy as stuff at this point) then im at a light my friend is on phone wanting to hear supercharger, so i floor it to 4 or 5 grand then (hell starts) i hear like 5 pops out of exhasut RPMS start bogging (im like :eek: ) the engine light blinks a few time then stays on for good. after that i took it easy it was acting crazy then started to go normal again BUT light was still on. I then called saturn they said no more techs were there so they would have to check it on monday at 4:30 im like WTf! So i took her home and unplugged the battery. i'm going to reset the computer and see what happens mabe the ecu is alerting me in the change of air coming into the engine. I dunno ill wait a few hours and plug battery back up to see what happens. any suggestions? anyone else have this this problem?

I also got my rotors re done !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p :) braking is back to normal!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Mine came on right afterwards too, my engine wasnt rough running, to my knowledge.. it also went off on it's own about 12 hours later.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mine has been on a few times and gone off. I had the car at the dealer today and mentioned the check engine light coming on. To make a long story short they did not mention the intake when I picked it up. They also said my oxygen sensor was bad and they replaced that under warranty. Not sure if it has anything to do with the intake or not but I guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reset battery and it hasnt come one since performance is a plus now ,no bogging or anything and the sound is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now im happy and fully satisfied ;)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just install :( i ended up paying 459for everything 250 for intake 209 for install! and saturn fixes everything for free ;) if any problems :cool:

now at every oil change they check intake and tighten it too! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got a lean code 2 days after I put the K&N on. I did an ECU reflash, it went away but came back again 2 days later... went off by itself after a few drive cycles. Just to be safe I reflashed again. 2 days later it came back on... and went away shortly after again. At this point I left it alone and it hasn't come back on since. I'm assuming it lit up at some point while the ECU was still "learning" and goes away once all emmisions readiness monitors set.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i want to hear the differnce between the k&n and a short ram. i just want the s/c to sound really really loud so they know not to step to the plate lol. so yeah if any of you have a recorder pls let me hear what intake you got thnks

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aiight ill do it tomarrow! May 21st ;)

I raced a modded TSi intake exhaust,and gauges not sure what else, after he herd the whine he look astonished i beat him by a car or so from a 40 roll he murdered me from stop. :( stupid AWD!

anyways im going to bed video coming tomarrow :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
crzyprazer316 said:
i want to hear the differnce between the k&n and a short ram. i just want the s/c to sound really really loud so they know not to step to the plate lol. so yeah if any of you have a recorder pls let me hear what intake you got thnks
I just installed the K&N last night. I can't really tell the difference in power, except at really high rpms where I can tell a slight difference. The difference is in sound. I think the metal pipe acts as an amplifier or something cause all I can hear now over 3500 rpms is the blower. Very loud and distinct.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok I liked what I hear, I was getting worried with by check engine light after the CAI install. Mine also had 2 lean code and I turned it off but then it came back again today. I am just going to wait a few days and it will hopefully go away for good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts