Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last week I wrote K&N and they called me on Monday asking if they could use my redline for testing of there proto type cold air intake. This intake was show at the SEMA show this year. I said hellya!!! So on Wensday I dropped off my car and by Thursday they were done. They gave me a dyno of my cars horsepower . They also told me that with there intake there was a 10 hp gain with peeks of 20 to the front wheels . I will try to down load the dyno sheet so that all of you can see.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Did your car make 209hp to the wheels before or after the intake? I can't wait to hear my SC scream hehe!!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It mad 209 to the wheels before the intake. I was surprised. I am going to try another format to get the dyno sheet I have on the net. My car only had 3036 on it when they tested it and I had just changed the oil before I dropped her off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
which do u believe to be better the k&n or the aem louder??

·
Registered
487 Posts
JPK said:
Is it a cold air intake or a short ram intake?
the stock intake is so low that a 'cold air' is pretty much what it has since its feeding so low anyways, I know its still IN the engine bay, but still

and K&N doesnt make cold-airs for any car I think, so it would most likely just a air box replacemnt with a gi-normous cone filter

·
Registered
98 Posts
SPLREDLINE said:
It mad 209 to the wheels before the intake. I was surprised. I am going to try another format to get the dyno sheet I have on the net. My car only had 3036 on it when they tested it and I had just changed the oil before I dropped her off.
Net HP is 209 WOW

that would be 230 HP at the back of the engine. (Gross HP)

i put The K&N filter in last week did not notice much difference.

·
Registered
487 Posts
what? no HP besides WHP matters anyways? and how would even calculate that? you cant actually know what drivetrain loss is anyways

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
haunter said:
what? no HP besides WHP matters anyways? and how would even calculate that? you cant actually know what drivetrain loss is anyways
that's true, but his calculations are likely accurate. given an average drivetrain loss of 20% for any given car (note: "average"), this would actually put the redline at 260 at the crank, but i doubt we have that much loss, so 230 at least is reasonable if not more considering a 10% drivetrain loss would put us at 207 with 230 at the crank

·
Registered
524 Posts
Generally a 15% drivetrain loss is accepted. Most RL seems to be putting out 230 to 240 hp to the crank, not too shabby.

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts