Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In response to the many emails and PMs I have received with respect to ECM software releases for the Redline. Here is a way to check the availability of software for your own car.
Just enter your own cars VIN, select ECM/PCM/VCM> Normal Type

The number at the TOP of the tree will be the initial software from factory, the tree will then branch downwards showing the available updates. The CAL ID and CVN list underneath are the actual file part numbers within the "package", the file "checksum" (CVN) and (sometimes)reasons for the calibration changes.

Please let me reiterate, to date there has only been ONE update for the 2004 Redlines and TWO for the 2005 models (as of June 2 TSB):
2004 models should have: 12597977
2005 models should have: 12601903*

*EDIT: This latest 2005 calibration 12601903 is a releatively new release (June 2, 2005) as per TSB# #05-06-04-038 for MIL ON and DTC P0128 setting falsely.
** These numbers can be confirmed with a suitable scan tool
Enjoy
WopOnTour
http://calid.gm.com/vci/VINEntryPre.do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,965 Posts
***, you should just change your name to "GOD of Everything You Wish You Knew About Cars", or is there a character limit for that type of thing? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
My Part # is for my ECM calibration Software: 12601903.
This is the latest software upgrade for the 2005 Redline. My Vehicle was delivered straight from the factory 4 weeks ago. I ordered this vehicle from the factory and it came with this Calibration.

I can tell you that I haven't experienced any of the problems regarding transmission shifting from 1st to 2nd. So far everything is in working order with 2700 miles on my RL so far. Used Oil Analysis came back Awesome, if anyone would like to know I'll post my results. Our Engine is Built extremely well.

With this calibration I've been getting 29.1 Miles Per Gallon on my 1st road trip, it was 1200 miles round trip. The worse I've experienced was 28.6 MPG. Combination of highway and City driving was an average of 25.5 MPG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
WopOnTour said:
In response to the many emails and PMs I have received with respect to ECM software releases for the Redline. Here is a way to check the availability of software for your own car.
Just enter your own cars VIN, select ECM/PCM/VCM> Normal Type

The number at the TOP of the tree will be the initial software from factory, the tree will then branch downwards showing the available updates. The CVN list underneath are the actual file names in the package and reasons for the calibration changes.

Please let me reiterate, to date there has only been ONE update for the 2004 Redlines and TWO for the 2005 models (as of June 2 TSB):
2004 models should have: 12597977
2005 models should have: 12598558*
*EDIT: (latest 2005 subject to change due to new release incoming as per TSB# #05-06-04-038 for MIL ON and DTC P0128 set)
** These numbers can be confirmed with a suitable scan tool
Enjoy
WopOnTour
http://calid.gm.com/vci/VINEntryPre.do
*** : What do we need to enter our VIN numbers into to find this out? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Catshreds said:
*** : What do we need to enter our VIN numbers into to find this out? :confused:
Use the link posted at the bottom of **** post, and theres a box there asking for a vin number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Blubatmobile said:
Use the link posted at the bottom of **** post, and theres a box there asking for a vin number.
Yuppers
Could someone with a 2005 purchased in the last few weeks please run their VIN through and post their "green-lighted" calibration number? I just would like to confirm this service has been updated to reflect the latest calibration release.
Regards
WopOnTour
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
WopOnTour said:
Yuppers
Could someone with a 2005 purchased in the last few weeks please run their VIN through and post their "green-lighted" calibration number? I just would like to confirm this service has been updated to reflect the latest calibration release.
Regards
WopOnTour
What do u consider last couple weeks? My car was built in April, will that work? I am heading to break at about 9:30. get back around 11 and I will let you know what I find.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
I think what he wants to know, is if the ones sitting on the lots have the update applied to them already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
I was ALMOST able to tell you what the codes were for Competition Package equipped RLs. But it won't let met get past the BCM-Canada screen. I hit next, and nothing happens.

When I was able to put in a couple VINs to go all the way through, this is what it came up with. My VIN (mine is an 05, built in September 04) had the ladder of:
12596925
12598558
12601903 (revised calibration)
with the 126 being bubbled in/checked.

I ran the VIN of a RL without the C.P., the VIN was the last RL before the first production C.P. was built. This RL had the same exact PCM ladder as mine (same ladder for September 04 through May 05). So if I am understanding this correctly, there are no changes between my PCM calibration and the one that was most recently built prior to CPs?

If someone else wants to try some of the CP VINs, go right ahead. Here are a few to try:
1G8AY12P85Z178989 (first one produced)
1G8AY12P55Z181820 (last one produced that's listed)
1G8AY12P15Z179169 (10th produced)
1G8AY12P65Z181700 (100th produced)

Give those a try and post the tree please. I will try again later. And if anyone sees their VIN posted, sorry. Just let me know and I will edit it out.

FYI: There have been 107 Competition Package RLs built from 5-19-05 through 5-31-05.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
Don't you just love how the VINS almost say 'GAY'..lol. All my friends laughed at it and sayed my car is calling itself gay.

And for the VIN for the last one produced you have(1G8AY12P55Z181820), I got the tree as follows:
12596924
12598558
12601903
(hopefully I'm looking at the right screen, I'll take a screen shot and post it if you want)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
29mpg?? whats done to your car that gives you that kind of mileage. Thats well over 300 for a tank. Most of us here have been getting in the high 200's.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
XeroState said:
Don't you just love how the VINS almost say 'GAY'..lol. All my friends laughed at it and sayed my car is calling itself gay.

And for the VIN for the last one produced you have(1G8AY12P55Z181820), I got the tree as follows:
12596924
12598558
12601903
(hopefully I'm looking at the right screen, I'll take a screen shot and post it if you want)
The updated 12601903 calibration is alluded to in a recently released TSB (June 2, 2005) bulletin #05-06-04-038- that apparently relates to the 2005 models only.
It addresses a Servie Engine Lamp coming ON and a false setting of Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0128 "Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature" may be set, due to a possible programming error in the OBDII firmware.(Looks like some of the later production 05s may be coming with the 12601903 from factory.)

But the GOOD NEWS is this seems to indicate that the ECM calibration for the 05s IS NOT specific to the competiton package. So that means anyone with an 05 SHOULD be able to add the competition gage/ladder tach and wire it up (as instructed in the other thread). So before any more 04 boys spend any money, if someone with an 05 is considering adding the gage unit could somebody please share all the part numbers and costs??

Then (hopefully) we can determine exactly what IS different (calibration or SOMETHING on the ECM itself that we've missed?) and some way to fix up the 04 people that want to add the gages.
OR
If someone has already bought/installed the gage for an 04 (DR.JOHN??) and knows someone with an 05... Just swap in the 05 ECM into the 04 car and see if the boost gage starts working. I mean the 04-05 cars use the IDENTICAL ECM! So it appears maybe if an 04 was first programmed as an 05, then switched back to the 04 calibration.. maybe, just maybe, the boost gage output would work!!??
(NO GUARANTEES OF COURSE, BUT HOPEFULLY THERE CAN BE SOME WAY TO DO IT)
Thanks
WopOnTour
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
louballs said:
29mpg?? whats done to your car that gives you that kind of mileage. Thats well over 300 for a tank. Most of us here have been getting in the high 200's.....
i pulled 28mpg with stock airfilter on a recent trip to indiana, but average 20-23
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jpapa said:
I was ALMOST able to tell you what the codes were for Competition Package equipped RLs. But it won't let met get past the BCM-Canada screen. I hit next, and nothing happens.
You have to wait a while after you selct CANADA BCM- YES/NO (Canadian Redlines only select Yes) and eventually the calibration screen will show up - it takes about 10-15 seconds sometimes
HTH
WOT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
WopOnTour said:
You have to wait a while after you selct CANADA BCM- YES/NO (Canadian Redlines only select Yes) and eventually the calibration screen will show up - it takes about 10-15 seconds sometimes
HTH
WOT
Really? For me it was almost instant. Than again my computer is designed for speed and nothing but it, no multi-tasking. Gaming all the way...lol...oh and woo hoo for canadian redlines...:D
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
That would be one hell of a computer that could speed up the servers authentication routines and speed up it's network connections! :D
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top