Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my weapon-r intake 2 days ago (my intake is badass by the way, I went cruising saturday night. I saw a WRX sounded like he had a intake and bov. I had my gf in the car and he was alone. I was next to him speed contesting him and started accelerating for a second and letting off and accelerating and letting off to let him hear the loud supercharger whine (by this time, he is looking at me with this cocky ass look). He does it back to me, except he blows off. We get to a light, from light to light is roughly almost 1/4 mile. We rev up, he's revving to about 4000rpm's, i rev to about 2,000rpm. He gets a clean launch, I get a clean launch (some wheel spin, but no hop) He jumps about 2 car lengths on me off the line (damn awd) So i'm playing catch up, by almost the end of second gear i'm next to him, shift into 3rd and i'm gone. I end up beating him by about 4 car lengths. I would of kept gaining if I had more road. He was so embarrassed because he turned quickly! QUICKLY!

·
Registered
62 Posts
dL_RL said:
I just got my weapon-r intake 2 days ago (my intake is badass by the way, I went cruising saturday night. I saw a WRX sounded like he had a intake and bov. I had my gf in the car and he was alone. I was next to him speed contesting him and started accelerating for a second and letting off and accelerating and letting off to let him hear the loud supercharger whine (by this time, he is looking at me with this cocky ass look). He does it back to me, except he blows off. We get to a light, from light to light is roughly almost 1/4 mile. We rev up, he's revving to about 4000rpm's, i rev to about 2,000rpm. He gets a clean launch, I get a clean launch (some wheel spin, but no hop) He jumps about 2 car lengths on me off the line (damn awd) So i'm playing catch up, by almost the end of second gear i'm next to him, shift into 3rd and i'm gone. I end up beating him by about 4 car lengths. I would of kept gaining if I had more road. He was so embarrassed because he turned quickly! QUICKLY!
Nice kill man WRX's are overated pieces of junk 170 WHP is a joke. They look and handle great but thats about it.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hate WRX owners. They are cocky ass bastards, they all act like they are road racing champions and all think they are STi's. I'm tired of seeing WRX's w/ pink STi JDM emblems. PLAYED!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chexmixa said:
Nice kill man WRX's are overated pieces of junk 170 WHP is a joke. They look and handle great but thats about it.
the WRX has 227 HP, what year did they come out with 170?

0_o

·
Registered
201 Posts
he said WHP---------Wheel Horse Power. They may make 227 at the crank, but awd eats up alot of it till it gets to the road.

·
Registered
808 Posts
good kill my man good kill.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Are you sure it wasnt a RS? The WRX stock is good for low 14 second 1/4. I dont think the WRX is running 170 whp either. Even with AWD I dont see how a car would loose 57 hp from the crank to the wheels. Either way... good job.

·
Registered
810 Posts
im sorry man, im callin bs on the 4 car lengths. My friend just got an 05 a couple months ago, hes just got a cat back exhaust, and im bone stock. We took off from a light, he got a little more than a car on me, but by about 60 it was neck and neck and i was pullin like a raped ape. I bet i would have won, but i didnt feel like speeding.

·
Registered
272 Posts
those wrx cars are quick, but if you can somehow beat them off the line or at least hang with them within a car, you can take them...they have a low 14 quarter mile, but their trap speed is only around 98...ares is 97....hmmm wonder what that means..easy kills with a great launch...good race with a good launch..but with a few mods..NO chance if the redline is stock..unless he makes a mistake.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
The WRX's have also seemingly gotten faster each year, so an older one, mabybe 2-4 years old, could be a much better race than expected.

·
Registered
63 Posts
blu4door said:
he said WHP---------Wheel Horse Power. They may make 227 at the crank, but awd eats up alot of it till it gets to the road.
whoops,

reading > me

anyways i still just dont belive you can kill a wrx like that in a RL with an intake

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If it was an STi then I'd say no way.

But what's so hard to believe about an RL beating a regular Impreza WRX???

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JPK said:
If it was an STi then I'd say no way.

But what's so hard to believe about an RL beating a regular Impreza WRX???
I don't get that either... the number on the two cars are nearly identical...

I guess it's cause it's a Saturn...

·
Registered
289 Posts
silver05srt4 said:
Its cause ur cars are slow.
What is this dickhead still doing on this board? You are a cum bubble and you sperm burp :rolleyes: Just go away!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
silver05srt4 said:
Your brain is the slowest thing this side of cold mud sitting in an open field.

·
Registered
62 Posts
gm3saturn said:
Are you sure it wasnt a RS? The WRX stock is good for low 14 second 1/4. I dont think the WRX is running 170 whp either. Even with AWD I dont see how a car would loose 57 hp from the crank to the wheels. Either way... good job.
I don't care if you can't see it... mb you should open your eyes. A friend of mine recently dynoed his 03 Wrx before he started modding it. I saw the dyno for 170 hp. I have seen other dynos for 170 hp too. My friend put a intake, 3inch dp, full 3 inch catless exhaust, and a chip and he went from 170 whp to 240 whp. The Wrx has 3 cats. 3 OF EM!?!?!?!?! it restricts alot of flow. AWD looses ALOT of power through the drive train. It can be from 15-25%. An RL should be able to walk a WRX from a roll unless he has a lil work done. Removing the cats and adding a DP will give you HUGE gains in the thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
silver05srt4 said:
Jesus christ dood why must you constantly come on this board and be an ass? I h8 cocky ass Srt-4 owners. Its people like you that give me and my Srt-4 a bad name. Go Troll somewhere else, Your car is not fast and no one likes you.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
It's because his car is the fastest in the world!!! :rolleyes:

Presently, yes he could beat my RL but there are lots of cars out there that can. No big deal. I'm not impressed.

silver05SRT4- Since you are so godamm fast, if you'd like to bring your skittle up here to Fort Worth, I can arrange for you to be beat by an array of cars owned by friends of mine, including an Acura Integra, Honda Civic and a Ford Taurus SHO.

These guys will spank you and send you home with your tail between your legs.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts