Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from talking to my local chevy dealership, becuase I was just curious about the new Cobalt SS. Then I showed him my car and thats when he told me that there is a kit that is going to be available the day they start selling the Cobalt SS that greatly increases power. He said that Chevy is already shipping the car to dealerships nationwide, and that once they get the car and the parts for the kit in they will call me and slap one on my car (for a price of course). He said he should get the car and the parts within this week or the next for sure. This is of course awesome!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tom01SC2 said:
I'm wondering the same thing, lol...

Tom
He said that he didn't exactly know just yet, but he's guessing a smaller pulley, and a reflashed ecu, which makes sense since the salesman who I bought my car from told me that Saturn was making a pulley for the car thats going to be good for 30 horses at the wheels. But if anyone wants to head out to their local chevy dealer and see if someone knows anymore info that would be nice.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Hmmm. Perhaps this kit is what is gonna make the rumored 272 horsepowered Cobalt.

I heard the SS was gonna be available at 272hp so....................

That would be f'n awesome!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
So how does a chevy dealer know that the "cobalt kit" will fit our RLs? I know its basically the same car, but there are some differences.

Im the kind of person that will believe it when i see it... esp since there have been rumors for months about RL mods that we've yet to see :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've heard nothing about the production release of any "kit" for the cobalt or redline...

the only possibility was the 270hp cobalt at sema, and they just showed that, so it is unlikely that it is ready for production anyways. when you get it, let us know so we can all run to the dealer to get info.

in my opinion, it is highly unlikely that the dealer would have ANY knowledge of a kit like this without anything being available on the internet, not even a press release. (once a dealer finds out, word has already spread) but i could be wrong, and i hope i am.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
as sad as this may sound, i trust the internet more than i trust dealer info

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
screw it buy and if it dont fit return the bastard.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
return something to a dealership? u gotta be crazy!

haha, ill be the 2nd one to buy one.....not the first, and for a reason im sure all of u can understand.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
you tell me when and the stats and I will go and buy it first no problem at all. Whats the actual gains and the actuall price and the parts involved I will buy it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You guys will soon learn...NEVER EVER listen to a salesman LOL

They blow smoke too often!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
MikeCandler said:
You guys will soon learn...NEVER EVER listen to a salesman LOL

They blow smoke too often!
Yeah, but what I don't get is, why would he say that to someone who has already just bought a brand new car? He knows he's not gonna sell this dude ANOTHER new car with an identical engine setup. I just don't see where it would benefit him to say that you could bring your Redline in for the kit upgrade if there isn't going to be one.

Not saying that I trust car salesmen but I just don't see how he would benefit from a statement like this to an RL owner. :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
like wise, well talking to someone from jbo that went to sema and was talking to gm reps the whole time about the cobalt and possiblities, they said there will be a stage 1 ecu and pulley upgrade that will produce 230-240 hp, and mostlikely that will be at the wheels since the ion is allready dynoed at 210 at the wheels, so the 230-240 will most likely be at the wheels. the kit is supposed to be able to increase revlimiter thats how they get the hp increase since the engine is building power till 7grand rpm. thats how the 270hp cobalt got alot of the power is with the ecu.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Eddie said:
like wise, well talking to someone from jbo that went to sema and was talking to gm reps the whole time about the cobalt and possiblities, they said there will be a stage 1 ecu and pulley upgrade that will produce 230-240 hp, and mostlikely that will be at the wheels since the ion is allready dynoed at 210 at the wheels, so the 230-240 will most likely be at the wheels. the kit is supposed to be able to increase revlimiter thats how they get the hp increase since the engine is building power till 7grand rpm. thats how the 270hp cobalt got alot of the power is with the ecu.

YES!!!!! :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts