Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my intake from korax on monday and just finished the install today and i have to say, Looks great. Makes the supercharger louder. And first test run will be made tomorrow. I think that for 130$ without the filter this was so far the best money i have spent so far(waiting for alcky kit to be done) Makes the engine look better for those who have done barrys mod and are looking for something better but do not want to spend the 250ish on the K&N i think that this is a great deal with an easy install.

Test results and first thoughts on power gains will be tomorrow afternoon.

So come on you guys who just want a short ram. Why not help a fellow RLer out here its a great product.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
give us your opinion on it so others will buy it. I wont want one but I will say from those pics of them unistalled they are nice looking. I love what he did with the MAP.

·
Registered
103 Posts
so theres no filter? what kinda ilter did yeah use? i was kinda think of the weapon-r it looks like a good build and did you notice every on that pretty much got the k&n there enigine light went off and those who got the rams didn't?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
How many people have short rams? I know for a fact that 25+ people got the K&N, and there's like 5 people that have had a CEL. There's also quite the number of CEL's that people got without anything.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
crzyprazer316 said:
so theres no filter? what kinda ilter did yeah use? i was kinda think of the weapon-r it looks like a good build and did you notice every on that pretty much got the k&n there enigine light went off and those who got the rams didn't?

could be that the K&N is getting more air past the MAF than the short rams setting off the SES, which also would mean the PCM is bypassing more air. theory, but i'm going to check what the code was

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW, took the car for a drive, seems peppier (if that is a word) but i was just kinda giving it some gas and i accidently spun going into second with what seemed like no effort. The supercharger can be heard with the windows up and the radio on full, and i think just about everyone i drove by gave me a look. It is a great addition to my car and i would sooo spend the money again.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
not sure if you can leave the stock air box in it might fit..the filter Navy used i think he said it fit. I did make a video of how to remove the stock air box i am sending with the intakes.

SatRedL just bought the last one i had made but I have 4 more made soon..but my grandpa just past away and the funeral is Fri and Sat. I already have the brackets made for the 4 and the pipe cut just needs welded together and painted. Early next week they will be done.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My grandfather raised me, from age 3-28... he passed away December 23rd...

·
Registered
86 Posts
My grandfather passed on the day of my 16th birthday which was about 6 years ago. sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
going to have 2 more intakes done tommrow. would have 4 done but the parts store that has the one piece we use for the nipple on the back is closed today and we only had enough for 2.

·
I
7,839 Posts
What kind of filter are you providing if someone pays for it? And have you heard of anyone throwing codes from your intake? I just don't want my local Saturn dealer to act all retarded if they see me with (no offense) a no-name intake. But i heard from Mitch that the intake is awesome!! :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It's a cotton gauze cone air filter pretty much like a K&N one or AEM or Injen filter. And NO it's not from autozone or Pepboys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts