Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 4471 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's 3:45 in the morning, Eastern Standard Time, and I'm fuggin bored; can't sleep: I had a hang over and slept most of the day. Now I'm wired with nothing to do. So I created this thread. I don't care where it goes, but I'm going to establish one rule: It can't be used after 6 in the morning, and before midnight. Well, I mean, it can, but I guess I'd like it to be the most active then. I know there are a lot of users on here who are up late like me; so post something.

Now, say something.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's change this to "Getting to Sleep 101". Anybody have any secrets for getting to sleep. The only things I won't try are a bullet, and drugs. I hate being awake this late, because I hate not waking up until noon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Let's change this to "Getting to Sleep 101". Anybody have any secrets for getting to sleep. The only things I won't try are a bullet, and drugs. I hate being awake this late, because I hate not waking up until noon.
Have you tried warm milk and a full stomach (starches, turkey, etc.)? Maybe you can just enjoy the time; go for a walk, read a good book, catch up on some chores... okay, now I'm tired......
zzz.... ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's 4:49 a.m. in Houston when I began typing. I stay up to 7-8 in the morning. If I don't go to sleep, I stay up for the rest of the day until it's night again. When I wake-up, it will be 12-2 p.m. and I go to micro-play to rent anime. I'm trying to finish NARUTO and currently on episode 98. If I don't rent, I'll be playing Sim City 4: Rush Hour with the mods I downloaded from Simtropolis site.

Hurray! 5 months to go until Redline :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
syphrus22 said:
It's 4:49 a.m. in Houston when I began typing. I stay up to 7-8 in the morning. If I don't go to sleep, I stay up for the rest of the day until it's night again. When I wake-up, it will be 12-2 p.m. and I go to micro-play to rent anime. I'm trying to finish NARUTO and currently on episode 98. If I don't rent, I'll be playing Sim City 4: Rush Hour with the mods I downloaded from Simtropolis site.
Minus the anime, that is me but in Detroit. I love rush hour. I have been mindlessly addicted to that game since the original.

yes tell of these mods.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Burn a cd with soft songs on it. I know me and you are into the same music urban. I could give you some ideas of songs if you need it. Oh yeah, like icon said, try a warm glass of milk. It sounds gross but it helps.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I am with jpapa...I just got off work (1 hour late due to power outage...with no storm.....)..I have simcity and simcity 2 and my cities would absolutely own my neighbours but the damn music annoyed me so I muted it, and then I sort of went to FPS and action games which is very hard to msn/forum whore/ play game at the same time. It can be done (I have done it), but you don't win at any of them. Lets get this thread like the one out on the cobaltss site..its like 230 some pages long if not longer.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
This is turning into a "what do insomniacs do" or a "sim city insomnia" theead. Hope this is what you wanted monkey.

I build alot of the small cities first to build connections. I hold off on any city services. I also start my taxes at 9 % for low and middle income and 1% for high income. 1% for all commercial. 14% dirty Ind, 10 % man and 1% high tech. And legalized gambleing with curfew turned on. Once I notice a lack of growth I build a hospital and police statiopn. I build fire when needed and destroy afterwards. Or build one small FS in inustrial zone. One I see a drop in growth I start with schools. I increse taxes as needed. start small give you alot of room to move up.

I haven't gotten the hang of rail and monorails. bus stations and subway is easy. I also lay my roads 5 squares by 6 squares in the grid. 2 roads and then avenue. Keeps traffic flowing. I have some great small and medium cities but have never filled the large maps.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well, if your playing sim city 2 (which I HIGHLY doubt) I always started 4 cities..1 in each corner and built connections to the neighbouring cities (must...steal...people!) and I'd just build very small res/com/indus sections. If they are to large, no one buys the lots in the middle so you waste land and money. I'd play for like 3 hours and my city would cover the entire grid with a massive airport and seaport (get tons of people and industry from those...in that game) and I'd sit back, get rewards, and watch my bank account grow on cheetah speed.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
hey guys

its 2:16 i just got in, i met up with a white rsx type S (intake and a carbon fiber hood)
his car was pretty nice. anyway we chilled up at 711 for a little bit, he heard about redlines just never saw one.

hes from tristate tuners, btw this is the 2nd cool person owned white rsx ive seen around in the last few months, good to see.

so whats up at 2:19 besides me?

and no more talk about sims, lol ;)

1 - 20 of 4471 Posts