Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my RL back and the number on the paperwork is campaign # 05514001 and took .3 hours to do and the cam sensor took 1.0 hours with an admin hrs of .10. The service tech told me that after the reflash the extended crank issue went away and the paperwork reflects that there is no extended cranking issue, engine starts as designed. Is this the current reflash that everyone is getting? and is this the one that makes the ECU up to date with the '05s? Curious minds want to know.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I don't know the campain code of the update I got but the OPCODE is J6354. I don't know if that means anything though.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I have the Y0030 code also, it's for an OBDII update. I had that done and also a line on my service order has the J6354 and in the describtion area it says PCM Recalibration.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
sheet reads as such:
campaign# 05514001 OBD Software Upgrade

ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTICS (OBD) System Software Upgrade - Enhance

nothing about PCM recalibration ***, can you shed some light on this? Did I get cheated out of something?
They just worded it differently is all. (there's no convention for what goes on the customer copy) If they said they did an "OBD software upgrade" , then you got a reflash plain and simple. And since the SPS (service programming system) is "idiot proof" :p , you would have gotten the same calibration that everyone else has received. (and the only one that exisits to date)

Y0030 is the "operation code" for the reflash performed under a campaign or special policy (emissions compliance) bulletin such as #05514

J6354 would be the labor op code used for a reflash used to repair a drivability concer/complaint
*The net result is you get the same thing but the dealership is paid differently for performing this service
Let us know how much better it runs :eek:
Regards
WopOnTour

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I have both of them on one service order, why would they do that if they are same thing?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
max_boost said:
I have both of them on one service order, why would they do that if they are same thing?
money, money, money, mo-ney, moooooo-ney....

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sp00ner said:
money, money, money, mo-ney, moooooo-ney....
So basically the dealership is ripping GM off. It wouldn't suprise me, that dealership is the worse I've ever been to.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
max_boost said:
So basically the dealership is ripping GM off. It wouldn't suprise me, that dealership is the worse I've ever been to.
I'm just kinda joking there, I'm really not sure... I would think GM would know that they can't do 2 of the same service to the same car...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
sheet reads as such:
campaign# 05514001 OBD Software Upgrade

ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTICS (OBD) System Software Upgrade - Enhance

nothing about PCM recalibration ***, can you shed some light on this? Did I get cheated out of something?
Dude, we just want to hear if your car runs better or not! Stop squabbling over paperwork.

Give us results!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JDRedline said:
Dude, we just want to hear if your car runs better or not! Stop squabbling over paperwork.

Give us results!
I was going to go to the drags yesterday, but it would have been too late by the time we got there to justify the price they charge. If the weather holds up, I plan on going to one of 2 tracks on Friday night. I haven't had the chance to do a little "spirited" driving on the back roads yet, either. One thing to keep in mind, it seems that I have a rare Redline in the fact mine has had no troubles yet to date. The only thing that bugged me about it was the way it surged in power around 4500 rpms in second (like it was being held back up to that point). So far, the ass dyno has seen no major improvement - no night and day stuff. I plan on installing the K&N CAI before heading to the track, so that will affect the ability to see if the reflash made a difference in ETs. I also plan on doing a CAI dyno run to compare with my baseline, then one when I get a header/exhaust upgrade and each major mod after that will get a dyno run for comparison. I will not do 2 mods on a dyno run, I really want to see what each mod does by itself.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
... I haven't had the chance to do a little "spirited" driving on the back roads yet, either. One thing to keep in mind, it seems that I have a rare Redline in the fact mine has had no troubles yet to date. The only thing that bugged me about it was the way it surged in power around 4500 rpms in second (like it was being held back up to that point). So far, the ass dyno has seen no major improvement - no night and day stuff...
Bottom line: you notice no difference?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.