Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took it back in today. It had a very slow leak. So slow that if you didn't see the the components behind it slightly coated from blow back while driving, you probably wouldn't know it was leaking.

Here's what they did today.

Cleaned the shit out of everything under the car and put dye in both the tranny fluid and oil. Told me to drive it around for a day or so and bring it back and they'd put the blacklight to it to verify exactly where it's coming from. The Service Manager told me himself that he thinks it is indeed the tranny again.

He told me that now we are going to the next level if we find it to be the tranny. He will tell GM that everyone is fed up with this problem (especially me) and that the car NEEDS a new tranny so suck it up and send us one. That's pretty funny considering the very first time I brought it in for this leak (two weeks into owning it) I fought with them for a new transmission. We could have saved a lot of miles, gas, money and time if they would have just done the right thing in the first place. :rolleyes:

So hopefully, I'll get a new tranny out of this. Does anyone know if GM is offering the Quaife LSD on the '05 RL's? If so, I wonder what my chances of calling up Saturn Corp and bitching that they should throw in an LSD for all my troubles and hassles since I will eventually get one anyway and they will have the tranny out of the car.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn. Just read the the LSD won't be available until the Comp Edition comes out mid '05. :mad:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cole said:
Maybe you can talk them into holding off on the swap. If you can do without the car for awhile.

No can do, bro. It's my daily driver.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redline 1 said:
I wish you luck on this.Has anyone else had this problem on their RL.

Not that I know of. I do know of someone whose tranny just completely f'd up on him though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interior

Does anyone know where you can get any interior kits that have the Ion logo by the cup holder.I seen this in another car on another web site.I was also wondering the cost.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Redline 1 said:
Does anyone know where you can get any interior kits that have the Ion logo by the cup holder.I seen this in another car on another web site.I was also wondering the cost.
way to hijack (j/k)

search for ion dash kits, and you will be enlightened!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I had that exact same problem with my focus they said they replaced a few times I pulled the lemon on it and all of a sudden they didnt they just tried to fix which did work for a few weeks at a time. Hope all goes well and that LSD happens for ya.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In a Chrysler Pacifica rental.

Getting a brand spanking new tranny put in my car. :D

I only wish the LSD was available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
what dealer is doing all the work on your tranny. and do you plan on using them after all this. my brother is a tech at saturn of fort worth. and i been talking to one of his friends that works there as a tech and it sounds like he knows his stuff on redlines.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
metalhead26 said:
what dealer is doing all the work on your tranny. and do you plan on using them after all this. my brother is a tech at saturn of fort worth. and i been talking to one of his friends that works there as a tech and it sounds like he knows his stuff on redlines.

Saturn of Lewisville. I may have to start going to the FW one after all this.

Dude!!!

Your bro is a tech at Saturn of FW? Hey man, you need to try to get him to hook us up with an '05 RL PCM recalibration.

Check it out.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44651

Also, Cole is in Arlington and TXRLU from the Saturnfans forum is in the area as well. We need to all get together one weekend and go cruising.

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom01SC2 said:
Hmmm, after tonight I'm going to be like how the hell did my car get that calibration, lol...

Tom

So you gonna try this, Tom?

Let us know how it goes and what differences in performance it gives you if you do.

·
Registered
524 Posts
JPK said:
So you gonna try this, Tom?

Let us know how it goes and what differences in performance it gives you if you do.
No I'm not. I sure hope my car doesn't catch a cold from the '05's though ;)

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tom01SC2 said:
No I'm not. I sure hope my car doesn't catch a cold from the '05's though ;)

Tom

Oh, okay.

Well, just in case your car (cough*cough) gets sick, be sure and let us know what the symptoms are. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
JPK said:
Oh, okay.

Well, just in case your car (cough*cough) gets sick, be sure and let us know what the symptoms are. :D
Will do. BTW, what's your first name? I hate calling people by their screen names...

Tom

1 - 20 of 28 Posts