Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo, i wanna get a touch LCD screen type thing to play CD's, DVD's etc.....does anyone know of a good deal on that type of shit...ill probly install myself but i just wanna know if anyone on here has a DVD player in there car...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
woln't work in our car without modifying the dash trim bezel the second option i mean. when you use a dash kit in the ion it receses the radio and the trim bezel covers part of the edges of the radio you could try but i have installed numerous radios in ions and used three different install kist and all are the same way. look at yours you should see that the upper rounded edges of the trim bezel kinda cover the trim piece of the radio.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i mean i would prefer to have it flush inside the the stock casing...but if not i can deal with one of those pop-up things

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
then its time to break out the fiberglass!!! and get started :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol....luckily i work at best buy and i get a fatty discount and installation...hopefully that will help.....i mean i can get a 700 dollar unit paid for and installed for 450ish...not bad

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think you would be better off in getting a motorized pullout unit if you're thinking of installing this in your dash. I've heard that it's illegal to do this in some states, DVD I mean, not NAv. The pull out motorized is great because with the push of a button it retracts itself in seconds, if you see a cop or something. Also, when you get out of and turn off your car and its open, it will automatically retract. I like that feature because when its closed it's hard to tell that you have a TV system. Less unlikely someone will try to break in your car that way. It's a lot more expensive though than the previously recomended, unless you install 2 single DINN units. Use a single dinn reciever and monitor that is a pullout. You can difinitely find them,

·
Registered
74 Posts
fenderdan412 said:
lol....luckily i work at best buy and i get a fatty discount and installation...hopefully that will help.....i mean i can get a 700 dollar unit paid for and installed for 450ish...not bad

not bad at all bro, plus that's installed, wish I had that connection when I did mine.
mine was an offbrand that totalled around $850 and I had to install it myself

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I had a Kenwood Excelon 915 dvd out of my SVT Focus. I will never do that again, it's too easy to tell you have it. Although the douple din would look good in there.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
yes any tv screen with any movies or video playing within view of the driver if highly against the law, in some states they will impound your car for it. and god forbid you get into an accident it will almost automatically be your fault. make sure if you do put one in it is hooked to the parking brake like it is supposed to be installed, this is the only legal way to do it, what this means is it will not play any video while the car is in motion at all. on some of the new units like the pioneer nav unit you cant even bypass this because of the new gyro built in. and to any installers that install it without the parking brake hooked up...... if you get ratted out for doing it in certain states you could face jail time. its that serious. we learned about all these laws whn i was out at clarion and ces this year they pushed this issue very hard, they will all soon be doing something to not allow them to work while the car is moving or so all of our companies have said. be carefull with this. ther is a local store that was sued for an accident when the guys insurance would not cover it. they lost big time because they agreed to hook it up so he could watch it. now they are closed.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've got a 7" widescreen for sale, you can get a touchscreen cover for it, check out mp3.com for info on that.

it would fit nicely into the space in the stock dash.

also have a DVD player that plays mp3's too. (not in dash)

will sell both for 200...

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've already seen on cardomain a guy that replaced the stock head unit with a 7" LCD touch screen and mounted one of those head units in that empty space that is by the shifter. I really actually would like to do this cause I think it looks bad ass :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Check It Out

I Payed A Little Over $250 For My Jvc Plays Dvd/cd/am/fm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,303 Posts
Hello. I have the same problem. I have 2 units that I tried to install in my '04 IRL using the double din radio kit and it doesn't work. How have you worked around this, what kits/items have you used, how much do you have to mod the bezel? I appreciate your help with this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts