Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you may know I noticed a leak under my car last week so I crawled under it. It was the tranny. So I take it to the dealer and they say it looks to be leaking from the reverse light switch so they take it out, wrap the threads in teflon tape and put it back in. Next day still leaking. I call them up and they order a new Reverse light switch (why I don't know) :confused:

So I drive to the dealer again today and they swap the switch. I ask them, "Did it still look like it was leaking from the switch?" and they said yes. I drive home, pull in the driveway and the mother fucker is STILL leaking. I call them back immediately and now I have to take it back and they're gonna get me a rental car so they can keep it for a couple of days and finger it out.

This kinda sucks. I'll probably be driving a Ford Fuckus or Toyota Echslow for a few days. :mad:

As long as they get it taken care of, I guess. If I get the car home after they've had it a few days and it still leaks, I'm gonna hit the godamm roof.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
not cool, i'm going to have to check this out too, too bad it's so goldarn rainy around here lately, woudn't know if i was leaking if i got the shit on my shoes!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got an '05 white Cavalier so it's not too bad.

It sure makes me realized how spoiled I've been by Recaro seats and a supercharged engine. :D

I'm hoping they can get my car back to me by Monday but I have a feeling they're gonna have to order parts and shit like that. They need to hurry if so because the rental still costs me $4.96/day. Apparently the dealer can spring for the $30 a day rental car but don't cover the tax. :confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
ill have to get this checked into as well.

anybody have any updates on the grinding type sound that can come from the car being in gear?

i know one of you had that problem.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xtremesc2 said:
ill have to get this checked into as well.

anybody have any updates on the grinding type sound that can come from the car being in gear?

i know one of you had that problem.

Could be from the trannies leaking out all of their oil. :D

Well, the good news (if there is any) is that out of all the forums I frequent, I'm the only one I know of that has had this leak so I think it is just my car.

Another thing, when I called the Service department after I got home today and found it still leaking, the first thing the guy says, "Oh, for crying out loud!"

I thought that was kind of a strange thing to say to someone who has had to drive 40 minutes each way to the dealer twice and fixing to do it a third time, leave the car and drive a rental for a few days all for the same problem. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey maybe if all of our RL trannies go, they will upgrade us to the new Cobalt tranny. LOL

Shawn

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
redline14 said:
My car is always "dripping"...even when the air conditioner is not on. Don't know if this is the same problem you're having.

You might wanna crawl under it and see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts