Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When should we start treating our leather? This is my first car with leather and i thought that you were supposed to do something to leather every year to prevent cracking? and maintane the softness?

Anybody experience with leather care for cars?

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is my second car with leather, and on my '02 SC2 I would use the Armor all Leather cleaning wipes whenever I noticed any dirt on them (Tan Leather). The seats eventually developed some creases, but no signs of cracks, but then again I had less than 60K miles on it when I traded it in for my RL. I'm sure there are plenty of products out there that condition and protect the leather, but unfortunately I am also something of a novice. :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
These are the products I use Eagle Ottawa Leather maintenance products I've heard some people say that the Armor-All products have eaten away some of the leather surfaces on their interior so I've tried to stay away from that stuff. A side benefit of the Tanner's preserve is that it somewhat gives the car back its new car smell. I've used this stuff for about 4 years now without any regret.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.