Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys and Gals my poor car has fallen to the affect of the lemon law. I don't know weather this is good or bad yet. :confused: My car has been in the shop 4 out of 5 days this week, with the no starting problem. This is the 4th time for this problem. My dealer has said to me if they can't get it fix tomorrow, I should be able to get a new one. I have 14000 mile on it. The problem now is they are having to replace the ECU. If this does not fix it I have the option to replace it. I love my car but man this starting problem is killing me and not being able to drive it... :confused: So If do get a new car I think I'm going to op for the RL with the comp package. If I can do this. So what do you think should I op for the new one and try for the comp package? Or have them fix mine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Get all that you can if they cant make it right.Customer service has to come first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,193 Posts
They will prob only give you the sticker value of your car so if it stickerd for 21xxx and the comp package is 23xxx you will have to pay the difference or atleast i think thats how it works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
I would shoot for a new one with the package at no additional cost to you. You may be out of a car for a while though.
GM won't buy it back without being sued - I consult for a lawfirm that handles nothing but lemon law and dealer fraud, and I do 20 GM cases (with expert reports) per week. If you need some strategy, I'll be glad to help.

Check out my website, if you like, for more info - I don't get paid for helping regular folks, so I don't make money on hanging out here, for danged sure, just in case you were wondering - I get that question on Edmunds all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
Well Guys and Gals my poor car has fallen to the affect of the lemon law. I don't know weather this is good or bad yet. :confused: My car has been in the shop 4 out of 5 days this week, with the no starting problem. This is the 4th time for this problem. My dealer has said to me if they can't get it fix tomorrow, I should be able to get a new one. I have 14000 mile on it. The problem now is they are having to replace the ECU. If this does not fix it I have the option to replace it. I love my car but man this starting problem is killing me and not being able to drive it... :confused: So If do get a new car I think I'm going to op for the RL with the comp package. If I can do this. So what do you think should I op for the new one and try for the comp package? Or have them fix mine?
funny I just talked to the Saturn dealership about my consistant problem with mine and mentioned something about the lemon law and they told me the same thing that Jim Lewis said, "got to sue". A buddy of mine was in a law suit for two years with Hyundai and they only offered him the money he paid on the vehicle they were not even going to replace it. So he said piss on it and traded it in on a new Acura RSX type S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealership has made the offer about replacing my RL. I don't think I will have to take them to court over this. They seemed to be quite willling to replace it, if replacing the ecu does not fix it. So I will find out today one way or the other. Even if it does fix the problem they are going to compensate me for my troubles this came from the Service Manager...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Yeah, a buddy of mine is trying to do the lemon law thing with his Infiniti. What a headache!

But, hey, maybe your dealership realizes that reputation is more important than a one-time sale.

I would think everyone would want to be on the consumer's side of the lemon law, just for sake of reputation. In the end, it's not going to cost the car company THAT much and they'd all sorts of wandering bards telling the tale of the easy lemon law...
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Good deal, man. I hope it works out.

Maybe they will take mine back. HA HA. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
saturn is not completely gm yet and yes they do take care of the customers alot better, have you called customer assistance yet to voice your concerns? that can help get you taken care of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my car back today and so far its starting fine. I talk to the dealership if I have to take it back for the starting problem again he say he will replace my car. I have a New ECU and the lastest flash. So I hope this works....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
John said:
saturn is not completely gm yet and yes they do take care of the customers alot better, have you called customer assistance yet to voice your concerns? that can help get you taken care of.
You meant to say that they aren't like the rest of the GM divisions, maybe? They have been 100% a General Motors company from the start. In fact, for the first 10 years, their losses were charged off against Chevrolet's books.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
In my experience with 3,244 GM lemon law cases to date, the same local lawyers who handle every one of GM's other divisions handles Saturn, too - this is a dealer thing if there's a replacement involved - likely just a goodwill trade, and that's great.

GM, like every other manufacturer, is like Nancy Reagan...."just say no".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bad News

Well...hummm. Well its not a good day for my RL. Not starting again...
I'm going to call my dealership Monday and tell them to order my new one.
Man I have to take all this stuff of my RL now, fun fun... I'll let you guys know monday what happens. This is going to be fun. I'm going to be in Atlanta next week and I'm going to have to do this all over the phone. I'm not looking forward to doing this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Good luck, sounds like your dealer is taking good care of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Hurray for the dealer actually takin charge and not giving you the run around! I love saturns ;) haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
The ironic thing is that the dealer doesn't have to do anything at all - they didn't build it, didn't put a warranty on it, and aren't legally liable in any form during lemon law proceedings.

The manufacturer is the only party liable, and it's a shame that the dealer has to eat a bunch of money to make something right that doesn't belong to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
You meant to say that they aren't like the rest of the GM divisions, maybe? They have been 100% a General Motors company from the start. In fact, for the first 10 years, their losses were charged off against Chevrolet's books.
wrong bud saturn was ran independent of gm until recently. gm gave them the money to start back in 90, but managment, factory, training was completely seperate until about 4 yrs ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
The ironic thing is that the dealer doesn't have to do anything at all - they didn't build it, didn't put a warranty on it, and aren't legally liable in any form during lemon law proceedings.

The manufacturer is the only party liable, and it's a shame that the dealer has to eat a bunch of money to make something right that doesn't belong to him.
If the dealer gives him a new car they will do 1 of 2 things. Fix it and sell it as used, or send it back to the factory and get reimbursed by saturn.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top