Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd post this on here so we can finally get some REAL arguments going :D

I don't think with a spokesman like John Madden that "less filling" is an appropriate argument, but this also holds true for the "tastes great" argument. I'm guessing that John Madden will consume mostly anything he can put in his mouth. Still I remember reading in SCC and Car and Driver that on a warmer day it is possible to get "tastes great" out of any properly chilled beer. Motor Trend however ran tests where they claimed that on a hot day what you'd need is something that's "less filling" to give you the best 1/4 mile times. I'm thinking with the right hops (not the wheel kind) anything is possible, although I recall a Sam Adam's commercial where the master brewer sticks his nose all over the Hops, something about boogie flavored beer that doesn't seem appealing. I'm thinking once the aftermarket for beer picks up (I heard the PSI guys are working on some beer contact lenses to replace the clumsy beer goggles which should add up to modest gains early in the RPM range) our domestic beers should be able to really lay waste to all those foreign beers out there. Oh and if you've gotten this far into my thread thinking I'm relieved that there are some people even sicker than me out there :p

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Import Power

Well "I don't want to sound like a dick here" (sorry spooner) But those domestic beers suck. The imports are simply far superior. I know my beer is so much better and I can out drink any of you domestics anyday. Why you ask? Superior distilling and better engineering. The foriegn beers have been doing for longer than any of the domestics. ( The very first trademark ever established was in England. A small red triangle. Bass.) That is why you see them every where in the world too. Excellent aftermarket suport in any country in the world. (Except the middle east) You simple can't compete with the foriegns. The American beers run too lean and the fuel mixture is all wrong. Come on 4%, give me a break. Even the Canadians got you beat there.

I know that my imports probably have parts made or even assembled here in the US, but that makes no difference to me. I will stick with a nice warm, thick, creamy Guiness. Better mixture, superior taste, and longer lasting effects. Even the foam is good. And under extreme circumstances you can actually live off of it for upwards of 4 months. Can you say that about Budwiser? NO! Guiness, mixed with a Bass or (my favorite) Wood Chuck Cider or any cider beer, and it is vastly superior and dominating force in the beer market. Long live the imports and long live the queen. You wankers!!!

·
Registered
808 Posts
im kind of a import/domestic mix man I like teqiza(spelled wrong) a little mexican and american mix.

·
Registered
89 Posts
do they have beer in japan??? America has it down ive never seen a 40 oz guiness

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Japan does have beer, sort of, it's called sake IIRC. Lol.

However, I have to side with John, I'll take a "cerveza" over a "beer" or "lager" or "ale" any day of the week :p

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Guinness and Sam Adams are good, but expensive. American beer can still compete though. Budweiser has my vote. I haven't had as much of the necessary experience yet of truly deciding a winner, but once I turn 21 in July, you can bet I will know very quickly.
By the way, very nice avatar dipolley, very nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Japan does have beer, sort of, it's called sake IIRC. Lol.

However, I have to side with John, I'll take a "cerveza" over a "beer" or "lager" or "ale" any day of the week :p

Actually Japan has 2 major brands that are easy to get in the US and are actually pretty good. Kirin and Sapporo. Kirin Lite isn't bad either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts