Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good luck getting Saturn to do a damn thing. Mine isn't flowing right and I have power loss after expended driving and they won't do anything about it. Of course, that was while I was under warranty. I'll bet if I go back now, they'll find all kinds of stuff wrong with my car!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Give them the TSB number and tell them that ur having those symptoms They have to fix it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
at no cost to u I might add.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How hard would it be to remove the pump from the car, plug the pump back into the wiring harness and turn on the key to see what the pump does? Has anyone removed the intercooler pump at home? Does it take that long to do? I'm thinking that this is one of the only ways i'll ever figure out if its pumping correctly. My car does not look like the video at all. I’m in the same situation as Vannatte. I’ve asked them to check it and they say its working correctly. What is the TSB for this problem again?

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I just checked mine it was a little low. I filled it up and started the car and it didnt do shit. i pinched the line and all it did was burp a bubble. ? what should i do?

·
Registered
286 Posts
today i was getting on the highway and i got on it rippin through 2nd 3rd 4th. it started like quick hesitating in 4th. so i let ofF, get where im going, pop the hood and coolant leaked from the overflow cap on the intercooler res. so i poured like 1/4 of water to refill it and so i restart drive around water was still on top didnt even mix with the coolant. so i quess intercooler pump. is this covered after 3/36?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm going to dealership at 1 today for my intercooler pump. I'm pretty sure its start to kick the bucket. One day I wasn't even goin, 15 and my car seized up and flashed coolant which I knew it was a coolant problem because I just had everything flushed and topped off a month ago. Pretty sure the intercooler pump is going in and out on me. =(

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I'm going to dealership at 1 today for my intercooler pump. I'm pretty sure its start to kick the bucket. One day I wasn't even goin, 15 and my car seized up and flashed coolant which I knew it was a coolant problem because I just had everything flushed and topped off a month ago. Pretty sure the intercooler pump is going in and out on me. =(
this happened to me...its strange because the "COOLANT" light, comes from your coolant level sensor, which monitors your engine coolant only. This is a completely different system than your intercooler coolant. The fucked thing; the coolant level sensor, both O2 sensors, your EVAP purge solonoid AND the intercooler pump share the same fuse!! So, when you i/c pump fails, and causes a short, it snaps the fuse, causing the COOLANT light, and a couple CEL's to come on...
If you want to test it yourself, unplug the intercooler pump connector...put a new fuse in the panel, clear the codes and start the car. It will most likely start, and run perfectly....try it again with the pump connected to see for sure. Remember; the pump takes 10 seconds to turn on, from the moment you start the engine...
Thanks to Qwikredline for hookin me up with a used/working pump a couple weeks ago, it solved all my problems...

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
i did the intercooler pump swap less then a month ago. it is very easy to remove. its just 2 bolts thats it. just jack the car up in the fron, put the jackstands as close together as u can. when u lay undert the car u caint miss it it will be a black looking pump wit the heater hoses running to it. the only p[ain in the ass is removing the hoses from it. be gentle and take ur time. other then that it was a breeze. but what ever u do do not order it from saturn. they told me 500 just for the pump and another 5 for labor. i got the pump from a vendor well known here for 119 plus shipping and had it installed in under an hour including the jacking and removal of the old one....

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks. I was looking over it today and the only thing I could find that had to do with the heat exchanger was a 1amp Mini-relay in the engine bay fuse box.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
It's a very old thread. But when the pump is working good, it will be obvious that it is, you will have no doubt looking in the filler neck. If you aren't sure, then it is not working. I can't find any other vids of the stock filler neck coolant flow, but here's one of a cobra reservoir like i have. You can see how it's flowing, the pump starts about 10 seconds after the car is started.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i did the intercooler pump swap less then a month ago. it is very easy to remove. its just 2 bolts thats it. just jack the car up in the fron, put the jackstands as close together as u can. when u lay undert the car u caint miss it it will be a black looking pump wit the heater hoses running to it. the only p[ain in the ass is removing the hoses from it. be gentle and take ur time. other then that it was a breeze. but what ever u do do not order it from saturn. they told me 500 just for the pump and another 5 for labor. i got the pump from a vendor well known here for 119 plus shipping and had it installed in under an hour including the jacking and removal of the old one....
you have an 04 RL?
i have a question if you do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's a very old thread. But when the pump is working good, it will be obvious that it is, you will have no doubt looking in the filler neck. If you aren't sure, then it is not working. I can't find any other vids of the stock filler neck coolant flow, but here's one of a cobra reservoir like i have. You can see how it's flowing, the pump starts about 10 seconds after the car is started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOgliHRYqc&feature=channel
can you give me a lead on the location to purchase one of the cobra reservoirs that you have

thanks

21 - 40 of 41 Posts