Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with a aftermarket exhaust post a pic or 2 i was on the subaru fourms and they had 20 pages of pics it was kinda cool ide rather see 20 pages of redlines thoe ;) well any way lets see em especially you guys with the magnaflow race series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post post post post

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'll try and post up mine tonight... I have the 3" Magnaflow Race

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
ok fine I will post another pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Yup it sure does.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
that looks great, did you just use a dremel to do the cutout?

·
Registered
141 Posts
goofyguy said:
ok fine I will post another pic
Firstly, that is a thing of beauty! I would love to read that story.

Second, blank out your damn plate man! I just hate seeing personal info on these things. I've been burned by that once. Long story short, protect yourself!

Campbell

·
Registered
415 Posts
campbell said:
Firstly, that is a thing of beauty! I would love to read that story.

Second, blank out your damn plate man! I just hate seeing personal info on these things. I've been burned by that once. Long story short, protect yourself!

Campbell
I've heard that but I am curious how you can can get burned. 1000s of people can see my plates on a daily basis on the road. Are you willing to share how you got burned?

·
Registered
681 Posts
One guy got burned on here already after talking about burnouts and street races, had his license plate and name in his signature, and got a warranty claim denied...deservedly denied, but denied because of not being low profile....

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
One guy got burned on here already after talking about burnouts and street races, had his license plate and name in his signature, and got a warranty claim denied...deservedly denied, but denied because of not being low profile....

Yes, that was me. What really burns me is that they went onto a private website, they got from the decal on my car (www.streetracingdayton.com) and then got the link to here from a link in my signature there. That's how my claim was denied.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Didn't think of that. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Cmon my frigin phone number is on here 100x.

And I had Saturn Body Shop do the cut out for me. They charged me like 60 bucks but if they screwed it up they would have to replace it. The whole exhasut job is Barrys fault he had it first.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Aeain said:
Yes, that was me. What really burns me is that they went onto a >>>>>private website<<<<<<<, they got from the decal on my car (www.streetracingdayton.com) and then got the link to here from a link in my signature there. That's how my claim was denied.
Hey Junior, there is no such thing as a private website if the public can access it.

And now, the REST of the story.... For a brief moment in time, when I got hooked on autoxing and joind up with a car club, I was going to get their decals and proudly wear them on my Saturn. I was also going to get a custom windshield banner proclaiming my new passion for SCCA SOLO II. Bam... reality hits when I realize that I'll be needing to go to the dealership to get my recall done and the reflash, and whatever might pop up unannounced. Racing decals, bad, bad. I belong to Car Abusers Anonymous decals, bad, bad. So, my car is plain, nekid, devoid of hot & spicy decals.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
goofyguy said:
Cmon my frigin phone number is on here 100x.

And I had Saturn Body Shop do the cut out for me. They charged me like 60 bucks but if they screwed it up they would have to replace it. The whole exhasut job is Barrys fault he had it first.
I don't think Barry minds taking the blame. You have me contemplating making the 3-4 hour drive up to where you are and having the guys that did yours do mine, being I don't trust some of the saturn guys down here to do that. How much did the whole system run ya?

·
Registered
141 Posts
geokots said:
I've heard that but I am curious how you can can get burned. 1000s of people can see my plates on a daily basis on the road. Are you willing to share how you got burned?
This was way back in the day, early internet time. Was spending some time on IRC and this person got some personal info out of me. It was my fault, I'll admit. Turned out she was a FREAK!!!!! Used the info to find my phone number and address. Started calling me and then would show up on the front door of my appt, harassing other people in my building. Honestly, it was more than a little scary. And the wrath of my girlfriend was even worse! Try to explain that one..."she just showed up, honestly..I never gave her our number...nothing has ever happened...I never led her on..blah blah blah". Somehow she believed me and were married now but man, what a nightmare.

Now, obviously this is not the exact situation that is likely to happen here, more likely the issue that has already been described, but I am a little more careful now.

Wow, haven't told that story in a while....

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Hey Junior, there is no such thing as a private website if the public can access it.
Private as in, you have to sign up to view it. Also have to get confromation that takes a little bit to get done. It seems like they were out to stick me and not stumbled accross this forum as I was lead to believe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
"www.streetracingdayton.com" - and does anyone still wonder WHY the manufacturer, whose owner's manual states that you can't modify or race the vehicle in any manner, could deny a warranty claim? Are we still arguing this point?

I've modified my vehicle. They can slam my warranty, but I really don't care. I have a shop (myself), plus a 22 bay school shop, free labor (students), and cheap parts access through GM (through the school). I'll keep my modifications and REALLY enjoy my twisty drive to work.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts