Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
What size?

17x7 - OZ's at 13.8 lbs 8 colors, $320+ each plus shipping.

Centerline at 15-17 lbs depending on style, polished or chrome only but in 6 styles, can get direct for under $1100 shipped for 4.

Motegi doesn't offer the Trak Lites for us yet, but the SP5's (I just bought them) are a couple lbs lighter than stock (18.5 IIRC) and on ebay you can get 4 for under $500 shipped!

17x8's - OZ is pretty much it, 16.8 lbs.

18's - OX and Centerline again. Motegi's aren't light at this size, but the SP5 18's weigh about the same as the stock 17x7, so still okay.

That's all I've found... Better than 1-2 years ago, when there was one and that wasn't real available (Centerline), lol.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm so not joining ANOTHER car board (I've already lost count) to follow that link, lol. What is it? We've tried with numerous manufacturers, group buys, all kinds of stuff. All failed - even when their requested numbers were met.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Has anyone even looked at racelinewheels.com? They have 17s in the 17 lb range also. Great styles too. The type 126 is $120 each and weighs 17 lbs.

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
I'm so not joining ANOTHER car board (I've already lost count) to follow that link, lol. What is it? We've tried with numerous manufacturers, group buys, all kinds of stuff. All failed - even when their requested numbers were met.
They were the magnesium ones spike posted about like 6 months ago. iirc you might have called the place and they said they may have plans or something.

Complete Custom Wheel - Home

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The magnesium ones were from Raceline, and they didn't happen, couldn't get past DOT reg's at that weight/price. It's sorta kinda still in the works, but waaaaaay back on a distant burner.

The type 126's aren't readily available in 5x110 anymore - we didn 't discover them in time, lol. By the time anyone figured out they made a 16-18 lb rim to fit our cars, they'd cleared them out for good 'cuz they didn't sell. I've been in contact with the guys at Raceline numerous times - they're building the badass custom wheels for the fully custom '68 DeVille my partner and I have going right now. If could get a bunch of people together I'm pretty sure I could get them to do a run for us...

Thing is, they'd be just barely under the price of the Centerlines, which are readily avialble under $1100 for a set of four, and are 15-16 lbs.

:shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts

·
Registered
5,612 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
DO NOT BUY THE MOTEGI SP-5's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DO NO FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO fucking pissed off right now. Tire Rack guarantees fitment, and the fucking spokes don't clear the fucking calipers. Been staring at them for weeks with the new slicks, got all the way to the autocross location, got them out, got the car up - and they don't fit. What's worse, they hit enough that I'm not even sure that stock-legal spacers and longer studs will fix it, as I can only go 4mm worth of spacer and it looks like that might not be enough.

Even worse, I can't return them. I ordered my BFG's from Tire Rack, and talked to them about the wheels - which they guarenteed would fit. They would not, however, match the price I'd found elsewhere for almost $200 less, so I bought them from the other seller - who specifically states that fitment problems are the buyers responsibility.

I am pissed off beyond belief right now...

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
DO NOT BUY THE MOTEGI SP-5's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DO NO FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do these look like? Are they ricey?

What are you going to do with them?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I don't know that I could sell them, if I did I'd take a loss, and the other option is extended studs and spacers, which would cost as much as I would lose selling the wheels.

They're a decent looking 5-spoke wheel with an insanely deep dish look (and they didn't offset the spokes enough to compensate for it), black center with polished lip.

They do clear in back FWIW, lol.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I don't know that I could sell them, if I did I'd take a loss, and the other option is extended studs and spacers, which would cost as much as I would lose selling the wheels.

They're a decent looking 5-spoke wheel with an insanely deep dish look (and they didn't offset the spokes enough to compensate for it), black center with polished lip.

They do clear in back FWIW, lol.
go 1" thick spacers with attached studs on them lol

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not stock class legal.

EDIT AND UPDATE:

Someone here - note that it was someone here, and not anyone from any of the wheel/tire paces, LMAO - figured out that this wheel is a staggered fit; different rims front & rear, with a "deep dish" in the back. I was sent 4 rears - and it looks like I'm not the first to have this happen, either.

MOTEGI SP-5's are okay - just don't get 4 wheels with an "R" at the end of the part number! :eek:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts