Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a couple months back from another member (cant remember his name) that companies were going to be making forged wheels for the 5x110 pattern. I'm dying to get some black or gunmetal wheels with a polished lip! I need new tires in like 3000 miles so I want to do it all together. I'll say it once, i'll say it twice, i'll say it agian our wheel selection sucks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
what size? 17? 18? or 19?

might have been me, last set of lightweight wheels i found, company wouldnt make in bolt pattern.

Xau

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted 17's..

I contacted Volk and Rota and they said no.

I really want volk te37's gunmetal w/ polished lip or look alike's that weigh alittle more.

I want my wheels under 15lbs.

I'm hoping to wrap them in Falken Azenis or BFgoodrich KDW2's..

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xau, i'm looking for 17x7 to 17x8.

Can we fit 35mm offset 17" on our cars?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
konig specializes in honda/acura/toyota wheels.

anything on tirerack is heavy.

Finding 17" wheels that are lightweight is not a issue. Finding them in 5x110 is a issue.

·
Registered
681 Posts
"anything on tirerack is heavy"

Not true at all - I suggest looking at the AT Italia Forged 10, the ASA JS1, the ASA JS5, and several other wheels...then again, our wheels only weigh 18-19 lbs, hard as hell to beat that.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
"anything on tirerack is heavy"

Not true at all - I suggest looking at the AT Italia Forged 10, the ASA JS1, the ASA JS5, and several other wheels...then again, our wheels only weigh 18-19 lbs, hard as hell to beat that.
I weighed my wheels on a bathroom scale and got 20.5 consistantly. It was a cheap scale though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I got 18.8 on a hanging scale in my buddy's shop - not exactly perfect, either, but even at 20 lbs, they're lighter than just about anything out there, even BBS wheels...

You have to stop up considerably to Volk or Blitz wheels ($400-800 ea) to drop any weight from stock.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The Redline wheels are already lightweight forged wheels. I don't know if you just don't like the look or what, but they are REALLY good wheels, comparable to the Volk TE-37's.

Speaking of TE-37's, good luck on that front. My buddy's dad found me a set of 4 18" bronze TE-37's from California. $2800 for just the wheels. They're expensive, so if you want those, prepare to drop lots of dough.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
why dont a) have the wheels painted or powder coated to your liking usually about 50-75 a wheel. or call up a compnay that can make you a set from existing stock. a lot of companies keep blanks so they can be drilled out to the bolt pattern needed yes this will be expensive but thats what you get if you want very light weight with good looks. also check adr wheels i know they have some in this bolt pattern

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've tried asking companies to give me blanks and I'll get a machine shop to do it. They wont, zfactor since you got hook up's maybe you can help me..

I dont NEED forged, I would like em forged. I'm just looking for lightweight. Lighter than 17lbs for 17".

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My buddy gets te-37's from japan ebay for 600-700 bucks. He just got a set recently 16x7 32mm offset fronts 16x8.5 32mm offset in the rear. Some sweet bronze one's. Too bad I cant read japanese and I dont have a place to ship it to in japan. =o( He has someway of getting it dirt cheap, I dont remember his steps..

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
dL_RL said:
I've tried asking companies to give me blanks and I'll get a machine shop to do it. They wont, zfactor since you got hook up's maybe you can help me..

I dont NEED forged, I would like em forged. I'm just looking for lightweight. Lighter than 17lbs for 17".
SSR Competition-H, that is if they ever make them in 5x110. They would be 16.7lbs for 17x8.5 inches.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i can usually order blanks?? ill have to check on this now i have ordered them forcertain cars and suv's many times before. ill have to check the ebay japan thing one of my workers is japanese he can read it for me. ill check into this for you guys this week

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here's the photos of the newly powder coated wheels.....amzing effect on the car, looks like Darth Vader's Redline. Now, if I could only find someone to tint windows for less than $300 - these Philly area prices are plain stupid after getting windows done in Texas for $75-100 for normal cars and $125-150 for SUVs.

Attachments

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Here's the photos of the newly powder coated wheels.....amzing effect on the car, looks like Darth Vader's Redline. Now, if I could only find someone to tint windows for less than $300 - these Philly area prices are plain stupid after getting windows done in Texas for $75-100 for normal cars and $125-150 for SUVs.
That looks really good on a black car!

Yea, whats up with the northern window tinting prices Jim? In Florida, it was $100, out the door, cash & no reciept. Any thickness you want, pretty much. In Chicago here the best price I can get is like $250...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I grew up with cheap window tint in Texas - 99% of the cars are tinted, probably just like Florida, most new car dealers get it done while the car is still on the lot...I've seen $50 coupe or convertible specials as recently as 2 years ago in TX. Geez - I got a $350 quote last week and laughed at the guy - kinda pissed him off, sorry about that.

I'll buy the cheap stuff from Pep Boys and do it myself, while dealing with my ADHD and OCD before I pay that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts