Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i always take the same way to work everyday. today, there was a cow line (where everyone is in one lane and the other is open) so i go to the open lane because i've obviously got the balls to get ahead of most anything else on the road. so it's a lincoln LS, and i saw him yesterday punch it to get ahead of everyone.

he gives it a kind of mellowdramatic start so i whip in front of him to get to the left turn lane which stays green and we both get through to the next light. here, a lot of people try and go in the right lane to pass, so i gave him the chance, but he goes to the left lane even though the freeway on-ramp is on the right about an 1/8 mile up. this is when i figure he's going to try and dump on me like i saw him do yesterday. i was right. needless to say, i got on it without hesitation once the light turned green. all i can say is that it didn't even seem like he was trying, even though he "almost" kept up. he must've been salty that the little saturn didn't let him in front because he did his best to get around me on the freeway, but to no avail. once we got to the next freeway, he gets in one of the two "faster" lanes, and i always stay in the slow lane. as i'm getting off my exit downtown, i see him come past me after i had been waiting to get off for almost 2 minutes. made me feel good, which may speak badly of my character, but i don't care.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Vita said:
well, i always take the same way to work everyday. today, there was a cow line (where everyone is in one lane and the other is open) so i go to the open lane because i've obviously got the balls to get ahead of most anything else on the road. so it's a lincoln LS, and i saw him yesterday punch it to get ahead of everyone.

he gives it a kind of mellowdramatic start so i whip in front of him to get to the left turn lane which stays green and we both get through to the next light. here, a lot of people try and go in the right lane to pass, so i gave him the chance, but he goes to the left lane even though the freeway on-ramp is on the right about an 1/8 mile up. this is when i figure he's going to try and dump on me like i saw him do yesterday. i was right. needless to say, i got on it without hesitation once the light turned green. all i can say is that it didn't even seem like he was trying, even though he "almost" kept up. he must've been salty that the little saturn didn't let him in front because he did his best to get around me on the freeway, but to no avail. once we got to the next freeway, he gets in one of the two "faster" lanes, and i always stay in the slow lane. as i'm getting off my exit downtown, i see him come past me after i had been waiting to get off for almost 2 minutes. made me feel good, which may speak badly of my character, but i don't care.

heh, If it making you feel good speaks badly of your character then it must speak bad about mine too. I like it when a much more expensive car with a bigger engine figures they're going to blow past you and cut in front of you to get into an open lane. Back when I had my crapalier with the 2.2 I had some woman in an Acura RL do that to me. As hard as I tried to keep her from gunning it and cutting in front of me to merge onto the highway she did it like it was nothing. That's the beauty of our cars, people think its just a regular Ion and can get around us like its nothing. I personally don't try to hot dog it ALL the time, but when someone gets beside me at a light thinking they're going to blow past me and cut in front of me, that's when I get in my "teacher mode". Someone's gotta teach these people about the Red Lines :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well, those types of people are used to bullying around the Ions. Little do they know, this is a whole new breed. ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is nice to have a Saturn that can make most any other car look stupid, minus the few performance cars, but they better well take us lowly saturns, or they'll look bad!!!

i like that, "teacher mode"

i'm going to use it to describe to the wife why i must do what i do when i do it. :D

still waiting for my chance to beat an S2000 from a light that's trying to get past me! i know i can, i just have to drive it right!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts