Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
SexiiRacer224 said:
didnt mean to troll..but i wanted to share..check this out *Street race* ...by the way the redline is nice..
A Mazda 3 gets about what 150 hp to the wheels, maybe? Add a 75 shot, CAI, and exhaust, which would probly get you another 70 whp and I'm guessing you'd probly dyno about the same as a Red Line with intake. However, you said you lost traction in first so that would have definitely cost you the race. I'm not calling bs because you drive a mazda 3 (i had already put 500 down on one before i got my Red Line), but because the story just seems too shifty to be true. If you have any dyno charts of your car or time slips to prove you can outrun a redline i'd like to see them. Because a Mazda 3 that can pull off the 1/4 mile from a roll in 14 secs or less, with traction issues, is pretty damn impressive. :eek:

·
Banned
572 Posts
yeah i have raced a couple of those here in e.p.. but the one i did beate hard had cams i/h/e so this dosent sound very bloody likely...but they look nice and are luxurious ......

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
That's funny. JPK revived a thread over 3 months old and dead, and now they're arguing over weight. There's always that one guy with the smartass comment, but JPK just reminded them of that one made MONTHS ago. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
my sister has the mazda 6 v6. let me say they pull pretty good for a stock car. they would give a redline a good run and with the right driver they could win. i have driven hers many times and they are really not bad from the factory. i know its not a mazda 3 but just saying that mazda does have their shit together on some of thier vehicles!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
zfactor said:
my sister has the mazda 6 v6. let me say they pull pretty good for a stock car. they would give a redline a good run and with the right driver they could win. i have driven hers many times and they are really not bad from the factory. i know its not a mazda 3 but just saying that mazda does have their shit together on some of thier vehicles!!

I beat a Mazda 6S in my old SVT Focus with just a shifter and a short ram. Didn't seem like competition for the RL to me.

Car and Driver on the 6s v6. 6.8-second blast to 60 mph and 15.4-second, 93-mph quarter-mile

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
with the v6???? or the v4???? the v6 is not bad at all especially with a manual tranny

they have 220hp and 195lb of torque with the right driver they are decently fast

·
Registered
710 Posts
V4?

V4? I hate it when people say that.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mazda 6's also have an inline four.

·
Registered
493 Posts
zfactor said:
LMFAO!!! :D I beat one from a 60mph roll in 4th gear. Of course it got a jump on me, but by 85 it was over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts