Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know I promised pics of the calipers and haven't delivered but the camera has been not working.........it is now though and just in time cause I've done something else to the rims......... LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!! I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LoL I did that on purpose to see how many people yelled at me but for those who wanna see go to www.xfradio.net/rl LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
How did you do them?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
D3XXFR said:
Wheel Paint
I have to wonder how well it will hold up over time. Looks very good though, I would like to see how mine would look with the black wheels.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh

my

god

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
wow dex!

i dont know what to say, do you like it?

if you do, than aweasome.

if you do not like it, we can have another "giant" party and clean em up :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
niiiiice

The blue calipers make the black rims look really nice for some reason. If you just had the black rims it would be cool but the blue calipers make it look great on a blue car which for black rims, usually doesn't work all that well IMO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unique.. YES!
Stylish... YES!
A bit off... YES!

I was once told by a guy that I'm pretty sure is gay that you should never wear a blue shirt with black shoes... Get my point?

It doesn't look bad, but IMHO it would look better in a different color. If your car was black, that would be teh hotness!!!!!

Josh

EDIT.. Actually, if you took a broadside pic of it with the windows up, assuming they are tinted, it might look better to me. There is alot of other black on the car that contrasts.. something just doesn't look right to me I guess....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
jeepin79 said:
I have to wonder how well it will hold up over time.
Same here, I hope you used scuffed the wheel up before painting and cleared them after painting them. Otherwise, the black looks good on blue.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It looked better stock, but I applaud your effort. The reason I say it looked better stock, is because if you notice any of the aftermarket wheels that are black or gunmetal with a polished lip, there is something usually seperating the spokes from the polished lip giving it a two-piece look. This looks homemade and it shows. If you like it, that's awesome, but I honestly think it looked better before.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't know what to say... but i have to agree with a few of the others. I think it looked better stock IMO.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love the look. I always wanted that type of Rim on my car. Just the chrome was a little to eh for me and you could barely see the brake calipers but now with the black spokes the brake caliper stands out more and just gives the car such a better look IMO thats why I did it. I would really still down the line get some 5 spoke black spokes with chrome lip but this is good enough to hold me over for now.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I think they look pretty good...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I dig the black wheels on a blue car. The polished lip is definitely a plus. You should start saving some cash and get the wheels done right and powdercoat them. The paint is gonna wear off and look lame. Maybe also paint the sideview mirrors body color? That might look good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts