Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is very close to hitting 100,000 miles. I plan on keeping it for 5 more years and another 100K, so I'm looking for a shop with experience working on and maintaining Ion Redlines.
Specifically, my car has the check engine light on because the computer doesn't like the Thermal exhaust that's on it. I believe it's the O2 sensor behind the high-flow cat that is causing it to throw the code. I've heard that you can add a spacer to allow for more oxygen to the sensor so that it will not trip. Is there any validity to this or another solution?
Also, a complete check up is probably due. I haven't changed the plugs or wires for awhile and the car just needs some basic maintenance.
Also, if anyone has the (thinks of name..) HPtuners? program? My car has never been tuned and being an '04 I'm sure it could use it. I take that back. I have the dealer stage 2 tune on it.
Anyway, thanks and much love.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
hey man, i wouldnt say that i am a shop lol but i have some good knowledge with cars in general and especially with the redlines, and im local to you which is super cool. if theres anything you need help with im your man!!! also for the tune, idk if youve hesrd of vince or not, but hes a good gm tuner and hes local, hard to get a hold of and a bit pricey imo. i think us local guys really should get some HPT going...

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
These cars are actually pretty simple to maintain for the average person. Getting the oil filter and air filter out is sort of a challenge compared to most cars, but other things like spark plugs, fuel filter, cabin filter, even oxygen sensors are just as easy, if not easier than most cars.

There's plenty of how-tos here covering some of the seemingly more complicated maintenance items.

You should have the check engine light code scanned so you have the exact code. I (we) can help you better with that information, rather than speculating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts