Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what tires to buy for my redline, I am after good summer/autox tires. I have it down to falken azenis 615's, dunlop star specs, and ?????

anyways, what size tire should I get, I still have the factory wheels, and it has 225/45's currently, I was thinking 235/40's, and if thats the case, the azenis are 100 cheaper for a set of 4 than the star specs.

I suppose my question is this, what do you guys recommend tire wise and size wise for drivability, autox grip, and decent straight line grip I am not looking to spend more than 600 for tires

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
dunlop direzza star spec is the way to go at the track and street for maximum grip. getting very popular with the auto x crowd that want to go with strret tire division with a truly awesom tire. my buddy put some on his car recently and placed second to a GTR in smst division...HE BEAT STI/EVO IN HIS FORESTER!..COLM

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
yamaha get off my tires!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Star Specs FTW - especially when price is considered...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, which should I do, star specs at 215/45 or 225/45 or azenis in 235/40?????

and quiet ziggy, just be glad that I have that wing to slow me down in the 1/4 mile lol

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
lol SHO.... what kind s/n is that?!?!?!

i knew it was you as soon as i saw it.

In all seriousness, star specs > all

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol SHO.... what kind s/n is that?!?!?!

i knew it was you as soon as i saw it.

In all seriousness, star specs > all
lol.....for some reason yamaha was taken on here, but alright, star specs it is. Just waiting for next weeks paycheck....yay

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Do they not have the Star Specs in a 235/40? If not, stick with the 215/45, especially if you run the 1/4 where the taller 225 will hurt you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts