Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post in the forum here so I apologize in advance if there are numerous threads on this already, so here goes. I am a recent owner of a 2004 IRL and with tax season upon us, Like many others I'm looking into dumping all of it in my car ;).

On my list of things is a shocks/Struts and lowering springs. I have a set chosen out but I'm afraid that this setup will not work. My price range is about $550-$600. If anybody has some advice for me, it would be appreciated, also if you think I can do more for less that would be great!

Lowering Springs- SSC - SSC Lowering Springs #

Shocks/Struts- Cobalt FE5 Struts and Shock Pkg FE5-S

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been told that SSC springs are exactly the same product as Canuck Motorsports springs, (although a couple of people on the cobalt site insist that they're not). Canucks can be had for $180 after shipping though, so you can save money there.

I priced out FE5 struts and shocks for about $264 from rockauto.com, but I didn't take it as far as calculating shipping, so I don't know for sure that the CED package wouldn't be a better deal. It's worth looking into though.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Save up and get the complete YYZ/FE5 kit from crateenginedepot.com. Make sure you ask them for the ION adapters.

The performance alone (over SSCs) is worth the price difference.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, golden chicken is spot on about the YYZs. I wish they were an option for me, but as it is, I'm going to have to work some magic on the wife just to clear $180 for the Canucks. My plan is to do Canucks for now, and hopefully next year - after some debts are paid off - get me some YYZ v.3s. The YYZs won't give you as much of a drop, but handling > looks. And if anyone is wondering why I don't just save up, well... Anything I tried to save, the Mrs. would surely claim!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Pretty sure the canucs and the SSC are the same if I remember right I called the manufacturer a few years ago and they answered with the other name.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Save up and get the complete YYZ/FE5 kit from crateenginedepot.com. Make sure you ask them for the ION adapters.

The performance alone (over SSCs) is worth the price difference.
Thanks for the insight! After going back and forth with myself I think I might hold out on lowering my baby until I get out of wisconsin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts