Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still having problems with my RL in that it dies and putters just under 1k RPM's then blows out white smoke stalls and fucking all of a sudden goes. I love my car but this is the 8th time I will take it in for the same problem and unfortionatly enough is enough. Anyway, I went to the local Subaru dealership to look at an STi. All I can say is holy shit that car is fast. So I went in to talk to the salesman after test driving it and showing my wife(who hated it) and he said lets talk numbers. OK they were going to give me $8,100 for my baby. I laughed and he said but that is what Edmunds appraises it at. I said no Edmunds appraised an 04 Ion QC 2.2 this is not the same car. After 30 minutes of trying to explain I said **** it and walked out. that Sti was nice but not worth $42,000 after trade-in. This happened at 3 other dealerships. Looks like I'll just deal with corporate Saturn and get my baby fixed again.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
That's honky that the Subie dealership wants to jack you on the price of your car. I can't even FIND the Redline on the Kelly Blue Book website, but I'd think it should hold its value FAIRLY well. All I can say is try selling it to a private person, you'll get WAY more money; it's not worth taking the huge hit to trade it in.

·
Registered
487 Posts
its not holding value all that well man, we bought ours new for just under 15k............you take a huge hit(~5-10k) on most cars the second it gets miles on it.

If you wanna come to Il our subbie deslorship here is under the same roof as the saturn dealership, they will know what a RL is ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
8 times for the same problem should fall into lemon laws, talk to the dealer about buying the car back, no dice then get a lawyer...

·
Registered
168 Posts
we use a trade in book called galves here in ny. a base redline is in there for 12500

·
Registered
296 Posts
Vita said:
8 times for the same problem should fall into lemon laws, talk to the dealer about buying the car back, no dice then get a lawyer...
Vita is right, assuming you'd like to get/keep a fully functional RL, your state probably has a "Lemon Law" and you can have the dealer buy back your car after X number of attempts to correct a problem. That is the case in my state (Illinois).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts