1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
that is bad ass, but they listed our car as a 2.2L supercharged. wrong!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i have 3 inches most of the way then it splits into 2 2.5s so it still flows the 3 inch easliy. I wouldnt trade down. Soon the turbo will make use of the flow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes you will see a gain in top end HP running a 3in exaust. The only problem that comes with this is that you can end up changing your powerband. I would much rather have higher hp and torque #'s at 2500 to 4000 rpm then at redline. This is the RPM range that you are most commonly driving in and therefore would want to tune your powerband to give you the best numbers possible in this area.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
CAM68 said:
Yes you will see a gain in top end HP running a 3in exaust. The only problem that comes with this is that you can end up changing your powerband. I would much rather have higher hp and torque #'s at 2500 to 4000 rpm then at redline. This is the RPM range that you are most commonly driving in and therefore would want to tune your powerband to give you the best numbers possible in this area.
Correct Sir, streetable useable power.

·
Registered
762 Posts
the stuff we're using is all top shelf and the tip looks better than stock ;)...
I SAW THE PROTOTYPE w0000t I'm gonna try and be the first one to get it :) I just gotta saves the moneys to get it

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
actually we have had this this talk b4 about the size of the exhaust, and 3 inch would be fine, you do not need backpressure in a supercharged car like you do in a N/A car. This is what i remember from the previous talks so someone correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
762 Posts
navymitch12 said:
actually we have had this this talk b4 about the size of the exhaust, and 3 inch would be fine, you do not need backpressure in a supercharged car like you do in a N/A car. This is what i remember from the previous talks so someone correct me if i am wrong
You are correct. With a forced induction car 3" is the way to go the pipe size is perfect for the application. Like I said I'm gonna try and be the first one to get the Exhaust kit from them. There setup looks really nice and I can't wait to see and get the finish product. Mark have you disclosed the type of exhaust to the public yet? Didn't wanna say cause wasn't sure if that was still under hush hush.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
CAM68 said:
Trust me on this one, it's not that simple in a blown or turbo'd car. It's gonna benefit from the largest possible exhaust system. With the biggest area posible in the exhuast port/header area, once you get downstream of the cat, you can do some tuning, but the first 50-75% of the exhaust could not be too big, even with a 4" pipe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.