Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I go over a bump, whether it be a little one or a big one, there is a loud squeaking noise coming from the driver's seat (so I think), I can't tell if it's the seat, the center console, or the clutch. BTW, my clutch does squeak when I let off of it...normal? or how can that be fixed?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Try seeing if the sound is coming from where the seatbelt coils up into the housing at the roof (above your left shoulder). Pull the seatbelt in and out or move around in your seat while buckled in. The housings on both the driver and passenger seats squeak in mine. It took me a while to figure where it was coming from, but that's where mine squeaks. I don't know if I'll make Saturn fix this or not yet. If I do, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If your clutch squeaks it is not normal, they had to replace my g/f's slave cylider on her ion and they replaced the pedal assembly on mine.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nah bro it is seat i have same problem mine seems to squeak to left so im gonna WD40 it soon :p if that dont work im gonna take it to the dealer! :D Overall im really happy with car! :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
redline14 said:
Everytime I go over a bump, whether it be a little one or a big one, there is a loud squeaking noise coming from the driver's seat (so I think), I can't tell if it's the seat, the center console, or the clutch. BTW, my clutch does squeak when I let off of it...normal? or how can that be fixed?
Hey, my clutch squeaks too! Time to call the dealer and also tell them that they PUT MY WHEELS ON BACKWARDS when they rotated them... :/

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
tlake84 said:
Hey, my clutch squeaks too! Time to call the dealer and also tell them that they PUT MY WHEELS ON BACKWARDS when they rotated them... :/

You've gotta be kidding?

It's not hard to tell that the wheels are unidirectional. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
tlake84 said:
Jesus, that can't be good, imagine the grooves trapping all the water in front of the tires in the rain....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jpapa said:
Try seeing if the sound is coming from where the seatbelt coils up into the housing at the roof (above your left shoulder). Pull the seatbelt in and out or move around in your seat while buckled in. The housings on both the driver and passenger seats squeak in mine. It took me a while to figure where it was coming from, but that's where mine squeaks. I don't know if I'll make Saturn fix this or not yet. If I do, I'll let you know.
That's not it... I think now that it's coming from the center console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts