Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
I want to lower my car, and i was wondering if anyone had and ideas on what to get and how to go about installing them.
thanks,

·
Registered
398 Posts
i was actually looking to do the same thing... eyeball on this thread

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Coilovers for performance but they will cost you. Springs most considder Pedder to be the best but they require add ons because they only come made for the cobalt. Eibach, Tein, B&G, SSC/CM are out there but are becomming harder to find for Redline and are being sold from a Ion standpoint. Our cars sit lower so if the drop is 1.75 on a base Ion it will be more like 1.4ish on the RL. The cheapies are debated for quality some stand by theirs and others say they suck. I dont think anyone complains about Pedder they are twice the cost but prolly 5 times better than the rest. I just bought mine and am waiting for them to get here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Coilovers for performance but they will cost you. Springs most considder Pedder to be the best but they require add ons because they only come made for the cobalt. Eibach, Tein, B&G, SSC/CM are out there but are becomming harder to find for Redline and are being sold from a Ion standpoint. Our cars sit lower so if the drop is 1.75 on a base Ion it will be more like 1.4ish on the RL. The cheapies are debated for quality some stand by theirs and others say they suck. I dont think anyone complains about Pedder they are twice the cost but prolly 5 times better than the rest. I just bought mine and am waiting for them to get here.
What are the better coilovers to get? I know some other cars owners (SRT, SVT, others) I have heard from bag on the Megan COs... Ive heard good things about K-sports from people but does anyone have EXP with them on a redline?

$1k isn't too bad for coils since koni's alone will cost 500+ and you still need mounts/springs... a koni setup +pedders setup puts you nearly at the $1k mark without mounts and camber plates.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I do not think I've ever heard anything good about ksport.....

Personally, if 1000-1500 is an option, I'd buy KW's.....simple fact of lifetime warranty. Perhaps I'm biased though, I've got INOX KWv3's on the bimmer

·
Registered
123 Posts
I do not think I've ever heard anything good about ksport.....

Personally, if 1000-1500 is an option, I'd buy KW's.....simple fact of lifetime warranty. Perhaps I'm biased though, I've got INOX KWv3's on the bimmer
1500 would probably be the limit, and depending on what comes with them.

What about the pedders coilovers... they have them available for the ion at over the top... Im assuming this leaves out the top mounts, as the pillow mount option is not available on the IONs I know a lot of people here like the pedders coils, and actually i was reccomended those +FE5s vs coilovers... but like i said spending $1k+ on suspension, adjust-ability has an advantage

The other option would be BCs which are available thru modern performance, but they are only available as a cobalt coil.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kw variant 1 coilovers for simple lowering purposes, for looks and a slightly stiffer still comfy ride. Kw variant 2 for autox or road racing, the 2s are compression adjustable as well as lowering adjustable. Simple lowering springs are the cheapest but your stock shocks will not mate up and ride and cornering will not be optimal for on track or autox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts