Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you considering lowering your new Redline, BEWARE!.. I purchased the Eibach EIB 003 Pro Kit and instantly noticed a knocking noise as I turn the steering wheel even slightly in either direction. I was advised to give it a week to see if the springs would settle down. It didn't. After the Saturn Tech ( the same tech who lowered my other 2 ION QC w/ Progress Springs and our SC2 as well) disasembled the front springs he could find no obvious problem other than the springs were not sitting properly. After checking w/Saurn they noticed that there are 2 differant part #'s for the Struts. One for the Redline and the other for a reg. Ion. They ordered both in to inspect. There is a differance, althouh slight, it is enough to cause this problem. After talking to the Co. who sold them as to fit the Redline, the Saturn tech's came up w/ a solution. They took a Vue damper/cradle (not exactly sure) and placed it at the bottom of the spring. Result? No more noise. However, there is a noticeble diff. in the ride height of the car. Aprox. 1/2 - 3/4" lower in the back. This issue I will take up w/ the manufacturer. Now, for all of those people who complain about "All the dealerships will screw you if they can". This problem was not a Saturn issue. I made the decision to lower it. I paid to have the initial work done w/them. It was not theyre problem that the Springs should have never been sold for the Redline. They installed, alligned, uninstalled, alligned again and uninstalled reserched, came up w/a solution, installed and alligned again....at theire expense! Why? To make the custmer happy. The dealership is The Saurn Lokey at Port Richey Fl.... I for one am going to be very leary of someone selling after market's for the Redline. I hope this was helpfull info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.