Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just poking around and looking for prices and what not and i just thought to myself if slobalt lowering springs would work on the RL? I've read that the struts do but the adjustment knobs are covered so i was just wondering about the spring cuz there are some really cheap springs on ebay for the slobalt. I know this could be bad cuz with cars.....you really get what you pay for. Just a lil help would be great.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just wondering cuz if the struts do i wouldn't see why the springs wouldn't........idk though....thats why i ask.....

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can't remember the thread it was in and can't seem to find it but i know someone said that the struts did fit.....oh well lost cause i guess

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
here's the scoop. Cobalt struts and springs fit ( ihave them on my RL) they lower the car i think maybe an inch. Important You have to swap the top mount and the top spring plate from the RL strut to the Cobalt strut you want to use ( single bolt fixing on RL) and the top spring plate takes care of the rest...you will see the difference when you compare the two...works great and if you put in the alloy FLCA from a Cobalt along with the SCCA hard bushing life is good...good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts