Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i installed the ebiach pro kit in my rl on mon day and it look s awsome but yesterday(wed) it started to make a knocking noice when i hit bumps in the road and things like that and it didnt do it mon or tues i checked all the bolts and everything was good???:confused: it sounded like a ball joint is gone like it does not trucks when u hit bumps. i dont get it. does anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
check to make sure your springs are seated right.. the eibachs need to be setaed properly... second did you cut the bumpstops like you are supposed to...?? your may hear them bottoming out... third when you put everything back together did you make 100% sure to keep eveything lined up right as i said in the install thread.... i mean all the parts screwed back together in the same position they came apart in...there should have been a few dots on your factory stuff like little green ones... they need to be lined back up when reinstalling....or mark them first.. check these items first...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't mean to thread jack...but...can you cut the bumpstops down if the cars all back together. I forgot to do mine and now need to trim them.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I get some knocking with B&G's when I go over speed bumps or railroad tracks. I thought that was normal. Z, does this happen with the B&G's also??

I had them done at my dealership, they better have put them on right.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zfactor said:
check to make sure your springs are seated right.. the eibachs need to be setaed properly... second did you cut the bumpstops like you are supposed to...?? your may hear them bottoming out... third when you put everything back together did you make 100% sure to keep eveything lined up right as i said in the install thread.... i mean all the parts screwed back together in the same position they came apart in...there should have been a few dots on your factory stuff like little green ones... they need to be lined back up when reinstalling....or mark them first.. check these items first...
ya i checked everything thismorning and everything was fine on the struts and they were seated prob. but it was the sway bar link the conects to the strut and it came loose mso i tightened it up and all is good it wasnt my first spring install but the struts on these cars are weird to me but neways thanks
ps: i cut the stops in the front but not in the back there was plenty pf clearance in the back but i cut the front just because

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
glad you got it....

no i have no noises going over bumps with the b+g's...

no you can not cut the bumpstops after the fronts are installed, thebacks pop out pretty easy if you can get you hands in the spring.. but for the fronts you will have to take it back apart to do it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts