Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my lowering springs and i was wondering if it was possible for me to do them myself. I went to the local shop and he said it took an hour for each wheel and he wanted like 47 dollars a tire. Do i need the compresser for the shock and strut. Sorry i have never done this before.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
shanek said:
I just got my lowering springs and i was wondering if it was possible for me to do them myself. I went to the local shop and he said it took an hour for each wheel and he wanted like 47 dollars a tire. Do i need the compresser for the shock and strut. Sorry i have never done this before.
You might be best off paying to have it done, or at LEAST get someone to help you. It's not hard, but one mistake with a compressed spring is a bad day. I've never done it, I hear it's not too bad, I also know a guy in Florida that is permenantly crippled in one arm, and talks with a lisp from a spring releasing on him, and breaking his arm and jaw. I know that's the exception, but make sure you know what you're doing first.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did mine last weekend. I've done several lowerings of cars and trucks this one took me just a little bit longer then normal but there not to hard the worst part was finding the star socket for the front struts.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
pretty simple really a compressor with some type of safety mechanism is the only way to go. The rear took 10mins the front about half hour.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
How do you do the fronts on our cars? Only done springs on Camaros before. I really wish there was a good manual out for the car...

·
Registered
524 Posts
The fronts seem pretty simple and standard. What weirds me out are the rears, they almost look like you just compress the spring and they'll pop right out. Just surprised me when I didn't see the strut going through the spring. Anyone want to do a write up on spring installation?

Tom

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just so everyone knows I am getting my springs put on sunday by Revitup Motorsports and me and SilverBullet plan on doing a video how to :). It will be available on www.LSJTuners.com once its all finished hopefully on Tuesday of next week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts