Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
Joined
·
9,519 Posts
TheWastedYears said:
Whoops. I sold that website, and totally forgot that I was hosting the video there.

If someone can email me a copy at [email protected] I'll upload it elsewhere.
why dont we just put it on google video or something?

or I could put it on my site ;)

(shameless plug)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
TheWastedYears said:
Whoops. I sold that website, and totally forgot that I was hosting the video there.

If someone can email me a copy at [email protected] I'll upload it elsewhere.
Wasted. if you can still host this get back to me. I would only allow it to be hosted off an LSJ related site or local member, not Google or mytube etc
Wop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great
Thanks NR
Get me an email that will accept large attachments or alternatively you could provide me with temporary FTP access.
Wop

(I have one for the LC3 as well if you want it) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
JackD said:
This has got to be the most frustrating thread I have ever participated in... WHERES MY VIDEO!!! J/K :D
yeah i want to see it too. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
my factory cac system is hooked up different from this video, has anyone else noticed this?
mine is kindof the reverse of the video.

my driver side aftercooler pipe is connected to the endplate, not to the pump as shown in the video.
and my passenger side aftercooler pipe is connected to the pump, not to the endplate.

I still haven't figured out which direction the fluid is actually flowing on mine, for all I know it is the reverse direction of the video too.
There is an arrow on one of the outlet pipes on the pump so presumably that is to indicate the direction of the fluid flow (towards the endplate, just like the video).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,303 Posts
i like that video, hey now i know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
my_bd said:
my factory cac system is hooked up different from this video, has anyone else noticed this?
mine is kindof the reverse of the video.

my driver side aftercooler pipe is connected to the endplate, not to the pump as shown in the video.
and my passenger side aftercooler pipe is connected to the pump, not to the endplate.

I still haven't figured out which direction the fluid is actually flowing on mine, for all I know it is the reverse direction of the video too.
There is an arrow on one of the outlet pipes on the pump so presumably that is to indicate the direction of the fluid flow (towards the endplate, just like the video).
The video shows how the Cobalts are plumbed. I'm not sure if it is just the RL's that are differant or just specific years. The 05 and 06 Cobalts I have seen are the same as the video.

If you want to find out your flow, look at the pump. The pump is similar to a turbo compressor, coolant goes into the center and out of the side.
 

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
Joined
·
9,519 Posts
Cobalt_Supercharged said:
The video shows how the Cobalts are plumbed. I'm not sure if it is just the RL's that are differant or just specific years. The 05 and 06 Cobalts I have seen are the same as the video.

If you want to find out your flow, look at the pump. The pump is similar to a turbo compressor, coolant goes into the center and out of the side.
The video is how the LSJ is plumbed. Not the cobalt.

Meaning: It's the same in RL's and Cobalt SS's. That vid might even be older than the the cobalt SS/SC (as far as the consumer is concerned)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I really don't understand why the supercharger pressurized air needs to be cooled down, it's not like the turbo that runs of the exhaust manifold. The air going through the supercharger it's not that hot, and however the way Saturn hosed the water to air cooler in the ion redline is kind of wrong, installing the exchanger behind the AC condenser which gets very hot on it's own. Also the heat exchanger units inside the intake manifold do not allow for free flow of the air through the intake manifold into the engine. I think it's all wrong. I defeated mine a left it wide open. See what happens.
 
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Top