Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wheel Studs

So i snapped a lug bolt... how hard are they to replace?

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
....or just replace them yourself. I believe they are splined at the end that's pressed into the hub. You should be able to hit them out with a hammer. Go buy new ones from the auto parts store or from the dealership. Push them back in from the correct side and then use the lug nut to pull the bolt back in. It might not go all the way in until you remount the rim and finish pulling it through. I've done it this way several times.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah and as i've learned the official name is wheel studs. Considering the amount of autox and wheel swapping i've done i was probably due. I'm about due for rotors too so i think i'm just going to do it all. I might possibly pull the calipers as well and clean and paint them properly. the studs i'm looking at are here. are the 2.5's long enough i assume?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i went and bought a stock stud from the dealer and it measure just over 1.5 inches long. 2.5's are going to be way to long not having to adjust for any off set. Anyone know of a place i can buy good wheelstuds in the 1.75 to 2" variety? ARP doesn't make anything shorter then a 2.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts