Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was flipping through their recent mag, and was browsing the 'History of Bonneville....' something to that effect. I was flipping page by page by page, and there NOT ONE MENTION THAT THE SATURN ION REDLINE IS THE RECORD HOLDER FOR ITS CLASS!!!!!

What a crock of shit... they had almost two full pages of Honda's that have been trying to beat 200mph forever, and nothing about the Ion. Of course they made fun of the Cobalt for trying to set the record with no production cars out yet, but nothing about the Saturn... I'm writing them a pissed off email tonight... what a buch of ass-monkeys...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
let them know.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
SCC rank up there with Super Street and Import Tuner. Great mags........................

....for me to poop on.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Spooner we should all write letters. Screw these guys. I stopped reading SCC a long time ago. I started picking up Modified Mag. I know they don't have to much in the way of domestics but they do great back to basics articles and are firm supporters of Lisa Kubo (not sure if that is her name) that drives the Ion dragster.

·
Registered
943 Posts
She's in a Cobalt now...

And yeah, SCC and many of the others are crap. I grab them on occasion to get the ads and contact manufacturers about making things for the Saturn. Very few responses.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Was this the article? "Their Salt, Our Cars". It's not on the web site yet I'm going to have to read this next time i go get a slurpie.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Dave, you've inspired me to go to the store and get a slurpie and read a crappy magazine :D Honestly, I'm going to be bored tomorrow, and I'm gonna.

By the way, if you ever want a place to pick up really hot girls, it's the 7-11 in Brighton/South Lyon in the mid-afternoon on a Saturday. Went to pick up a slurpie a few weeks ago and had a FLOCK around the Redline. Unfortunately the lady-type was with me, so no numbers were taken :(

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
so the Cobalt didn't officially set the record because it wasn't in production?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right, there were no CobaltSS in any dealerships in the country at the time, so the record couldn't count.

·
Registered
541 Posts
SCC Sucks.....SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......SCC Sucks......

Let's send somthing (like a bag of crap) to them in protest!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
U can write them a nasty e-mail, but they will probably post it in a Magizine and try to make u look stupid. They always do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts