Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I know GMRedline is in Wisconsin, I just dont know where. Find one of his posts, and send him a private message

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Gayness. I call all Redlines Ions. Dont want to walk around like an srt4 guy. "I dont drive a Neon, I drive a srt4!"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quick question. After you're finished dialing in MAF & VE, do you re-enable Dynamic Airflow, STFT's & LTFT's or do you leave them as is?

Reason I ask is because both MAF & VE are dialed in nicely via wideband but when I re-enable STFT's and dynamic airflow my AFR does not hover around stoich anymore. STFT's are between 4 & 12 % off and AFR fluctuates between 15.0 and 17.0 typically. Again, this is only after re-enabling dynamic airflow and fuel trims.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Try leaving the STFTs and LTFTs enabled but disable dynamic airflow then see if they are still that far off. That will have you running MAF only. If they are better then fail the MAF and enable dynamic airflow with the trims still enabled. That should give you an idea of which is a bit off at least

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Quick question. After you're finished dialing in MAF & VE, do you re-enable Dynamic Airflow, STFT's & LTFT's or do you leave them as is?

Reason I ask is because both MAF & VE are dialed in nicely via wideband but when I re-enable STFT's and dynamic airflow my AFR does not hover around stoich anymore. STFT's are between 4 & 12 % off and AFR fluctuates between 15.0 and 17.0 typically. Again, this is only after re-enabling dynamic airflow and fuel trims.

Depending on where you have you dynamic airflow turn on could be effecting what you see. If your fuel trims are still off after you turn the fuel adders back on, then 1 of two thing can be at fault here. You need more tuning done to the MAF or VE or you are not resetting fuel trims after your done working on the tables.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on where you have you dynamic airflow turn on could be effecting what you see. If your fuel trims are still off after you turn the fuel adders back on, then 1 of two thing can be at fault here. You need more tuning done to the MAF or VE or you are not resetting fuel trims after your done working on the tables.
Dynamic airflow disable is at 4000, I don't think that's my issue as I haven't been going above 4k, only driving to work lately.

Just for clarification, I need to revert Gas (Gear), Gas (P/N), IVT Gain, and EQ Ratio Min to GM settings and re-enable trims? Do I also revert Piston Protection (don't have a cat so I don't need cat overtemp on). I can post my tune if needed and can test today to see if it works.

Note: I've split the difference for E10 and set stoich to 14.41. Again without adders MAF and VE are for the most part between -1% and 1% off from 14.4 according to WB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try leaving the STFTs and LTFTs enabled but disable dynamic airflow then see if they are still that far off. That will have you running MAF only. If they are better then fail the MAF and enable dynamic airflow with the trims still enabled. That should give you an idea of which is a bit off at least
Will do, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts

What are your LTFTs like? That is the true indicator of how your well your fuel trims are dialed in.

I think what you are seeing is very normal.

While tuning (Fuel trims disabled) the wideband readings stay very steady under normal driving. If your driving at 50 with no throttle or elevation changes, your wideband will show very little fluctuation. Like +- .3 over or below stoich.

When your re enable the fuel trims there will be much more fluctuation in the wideband readings. Like +- .9 over or below stoich. As long as your LTFTs are goods your tune is fine.

Maybe we can get one the experts advise on this but I think the reason why there is more fluctuation with the fuel trims enabled is the cycling of the O2 sensors in closed loop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While tuning (Fuel trims disabled) the wideband readings stay very steady under normal driving. If your driving at 50 with no throttle or elevation changes, your wideband will show very little fluctuation. Like +- .3 over or below stoich.
^ This is what I was getting with trims and adders disabled after tuning via wideband.

When your re enable the fuel trims there will be much more fluctuation in the wideband readings. Like +- .9 over or below stoich. As long as your LTFTs are goods your tune is fine.
But after re-enabling trims and adders, rather than ~.9 fluctuation it was like ~2.0 fluctuation in AFR. Trims were as high as -12 in some places. I'm tuning via trims now bringing them in closer to 0 or -1 on my rides to work. ATM they are around -3 or -4, so shouldn't be too long before they are good.

My question is though, why were they so dialed in via wideband w/o adders and so ... not, with adders & trims? I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as I bring them in, correct? Regardless of what they "should" have read, they didn't, so I just need to make them read what I want them to.

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Why not just make a table up and add ltft+stft and multiply those out of the maf table to help your trims line up?

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
^ This is what I was getting with trims and adders disabled after tuning via wideband.

But after re-enabling trims and adders, rather than ~.9 fluctuation it was like ~2.0 fluctuation in AFR. Trims were as high as -12 in some places. I'm tuning via trims now bringing them in closer to 0 or -1 on my rides to work. ATM they are around -3 or -4, so shouldn't be too long before they are good.

My question is though, why were they so dialed in via wideband w/o adders and so ... not, with adders & trims? I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as I bring them in, correct? Regardless of what they "should" have read, they didn't, so I just need to make them read what I want them to.
Where do you buy your gas? Do you always buy from the same station or brand?

The only thing I can really think of is maybe you getting different ethanol blends of fuel. Some premium fuel comes with 10% ethanol and some does not contain any.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Normally it's always Sunoco 93. Though the last couple times it has been at different places. Do you think a bad o2 sensor would cause this?

Edit: Primary O2 voltage cycles properly, should be good.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Wow guys, seeing this, and looking at what my tune is still like... just... wow...

141 - 160 of 199 Posts