Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Wow guys, seeing this, and looking at what my tune is still like... just... wow...
Sounds like it is retune time for you now. I would keep looking there's a lot more out there.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Working on it now actually, just re did the injector table, anyone wanna see a pic of what it looked like before? lol...

Hoping I'm doing it all correctly, it's hard to go from being someone that could help, to someone that needs help.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Get the results from the scanner, after you have at least 30 hits on every cell you want to adjust for. Copy the results from the scanner, and paste them to your tune's MAF freq table under the airflow tab. Or the VE table located in the same tab. Use hand smoothing when possible. REFRAIN from using the auto smooth option for all that is holy.
If I understand this correctly, copy the scanner data, head over to the tune, select the whole MAF table and use Paste Special > Mult % (or 1/2%)?

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Do whole if your way off and half if your not far out. Like half for 5-0 and whole if greater then 5 unless you just a half baked kind of guy lol. Also do you have a good scanner still? Just a question.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Do whole if your way off and half if your not far out. Like half for 5-0 and whole if greater then 5 unless you just a half baked kind of guy lol. Also do you have a good scanner still? Just a question.
HPT and the Interceptor

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Oh the scanner in hpt, gotcha, I have my old setup, the only thing it was really missing was the histograms for the ve/maf afr error %. Which I put in there earler.

So far I just reconfiged the injectors from the old way I had them setup, and worked out the histograms, rolled around for about 20 min and logged and looked over everything to make sure it wasn't doing anything insane. (knock, crazy afr, etc) She runs a bit lean under WOT right now, which is a definite change from before, but the wideband hasn't been calibrated in a while. So before I do anything more I need to get that out of the manifold and free air calibrate it.

Really just trying to digest the massive leaps and bounds people much smarter than myself made over the last couple years. It's so different than the hacked ass tune that I still had on there it's like starting all over again. Mad props to everyone that pushed this stuff forward.

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
Main man would have to be the maker of this thread and some others that really are not around much or at all. If you can do the e-85 thing you really should do it. Most of us well guess some of us just start with a base stg2 tune and work off that.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
How long has it been since you have been active here spooner? Good to see an old member return and still have the redline.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Oh man, like... 2 years? maybe more?

·
Registered
120 Posts
ok i don't know if i'm the only one with this issue but the dynamic airflow setting does nothing for my car, i still get all the data from the VE table when trying to tune the maf, so i have to unplug the map sensor for tuning the maf at least the part throttle cruising and idle portions.

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
ok i don't know if i'm the only one with this issue but the dynamic airflow setting does nothing for my car, i still get all the data from the VE table when trying to tune the maf, so i have to unplug the map sensor for tuning the maf at least the part throttle cruising and idle portions.
In the scanner it will still show that the ve is being used but once you pass 300 rpms it uses only maf and when you go below 200 it mixes the two tables together. If you have the settings low enough it will only run maf. Post your tune and let us take a look at it.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
quick question... difference between hand smoothing and auto amooth??
only button i see is "smooth selection"

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Hand smoothing is when you smooth each value individually using your brain or a calculator lol

Autosmoothing has the program do it for you but it isnt as smooth as taking the time to do it yourself.

161 - 180 of 199 Posts