Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Magnaflow IRL Exhaust 16663.

Removal was easy of the old exhaust. Honestly, I just cut the factory exhaust out.

Installation was easy. I was able to use a lift to install which made a huge difference. It came with bolts to mount up to stock. It came in 2 pieces, the resonator to cat and then the muffler tip to OTA bend. Only issue is you have to back the rear section of the exhaust back out of the sleeve slightly to avoid clearance issues with the tank. No problem there. I gave it a 10

I started it up and she sound great....until you drive around. I enjoy the sound of the car. I just don't want to have the drone. For me, it isn't a problem. I have insulation that I got from work (I build Peterbilt trucks) that I can insulate my car in and it will kill the drone dead. The sound from outside is AWESOME. It has a nice, deep, and throaty sound. I rated it an 8 for audible.

It looks great for an exhaust. 10 is what I gave it.

First thing I noticed driving it off was the power difference. Even at low RPMs, it was hard not to over accelerate. OTW home, I didn't go WOT and cruised to my normal driving habits. I have a Scan Gauge and watched AVG MPG and MPG and it was a LOT more efficient. It makes me wonder why they didn't make the exhaust more efficient as stock. You can have a more efficient exhaust without it being loud :) Neither here nor there.

No issues with product quality. 10

Overall a 9 for the audible issue, soon to be non-issue. If you plan on upgrading your exhaust, have insulation ready for installation too. It just seems the right harmonic resonance to drone loud.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I highly doubt you noticed any performance gains lol.
Just like people who switch to a k and n and claim the power is noticable.

·
Registered
694 Posts
A header might give you a little bit of a gain though.. 2.5 catback will only open up over the axle if im not mistaken

·
Registered
980 Posts
I like the magnaflow cat back I got. Unfortunately though they sent me the cobalt one and its about 2 inches too short. Still fits, but it leaves black marks on this bumper.

·
Registered
980 Posts
So you think I wouldn't be able to notice a difference in my car that I have driven for 6 years as a daily driver? Come on! :)
That depends....do you notice after an oil change, spark plugs, or tire pressures? lol

I like the sound that my magnaflow gives the car, now I just need to change out the header it had the same deal that phils old one did.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
What deal is that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts