Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Apparently their exhaust adds displacement to the motor as well :eek: They have the motor listed as a 2.2 liter :D :rolleyes:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I saw that a couple of days ago, I love the fact that they call it a 2.2 supercharged. Also, it's only a 2.5" system, which we already have up to the axle. So I don't think I'd spend the $$$ on it, I'd just pay for a muffler and a new section of pipe.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Also, at Wal-Mart, in the computer to look up the filter sizes for engines they have the Ion Redline as having a 2.2l S/C engine. They do list the correct filter though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JPK said:
Also, at Wal-Mart, in the computer to look up the filter sizes for engines they have the Ion Redline as having a 2.2l S/C engine. They do list the correct filter though. :rolleyes:

i'm suprised Wal-Mart even has the filter correct. i wonder if they're in it with some auto parts store for the database of parts.

back on topic, i'd like to know if they'll be using the same muffler some of you guys are. i'd personally like to see dynamax come out with a header/exhaust setup for our cars. always loved their product

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the walmart one is correct, i have gotten one from there and the first one i got was from an autoparts store so i know it was correct.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Also, it's only a 2.5" system, which we already have up to the axle.
I wonder if theirs is o.d. or i.d. The exhaust on our cars is 2 1/2 o.d. to just before the axel. That would make it roughly 2 1/4 i.d.

If the Magnaflow is 2 1/2 i.d. there will be an increase but not a whole lot. I would like to see a 3 or 3 1/2 inch set up but I still think 2.5 should be able to support some decent numbers.. Hell it's a forced induction motor why not go bigger?

·
Registered
943 Posts
seems that the pipe in the middle is fine, but a header and muffler set would be a good package for the redline.

How does the Magnaflow sound? I like the somewhat mellow note the car makes now and would not want to sound louder oir more harsh.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If the Magnaflow is 2 1/2 i.d. there will be an increase but not a whole lot. I would like to see a 3 or 3 1/2 inch set up but I still think 2.5 should be able to support some decent numbers.. Hell it's a forced induction motor why not go bigger?
Maybe they tested 3" and there was no gain? Just a thought. Who knows, send 'em an email.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kirtsky said:
seems that the pipe in the middle is fine, but a header and muffler set would be a good package for the redline.

How does the Magnaflow sound? I like the somewhat mellow note the car makes now and would not want to sound louder oir more harsh.
That's my question. How does it sound???????

Anthony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts