Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Work at a Chevy dealer in denver where we put alot of magnason supercharger kits on corvettes, truck and suvs. Anyways I was talking with our rep the other day and he told me that they should have a kit ready in a couple of months that includes a smaller pulley, a programmer, and an exhuast sytem to boost the HP of the Redlines and Cobalt SS to 275 HP. Don't know any prices as of yet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thats good news! I'm of the conviction that in six months the parts available for our cars and the Cobalt SS will near rivial the parts available for the Camaro and Corvette.

·
Registered
286 Posts
wolfeman1981 said:
I Work at a Chevy dealer in denver where we put alot of magnason supercharger kits on corvettes, truck and suvs. Anyways I was talking with our rep the other day and he told me that they should have a kit ready in a couple of months that includes a smaller pulley, a programmer, and an exhuast sytem to boost the HP of the Redlines and Cobalt SS to 275 HP. Don't know any prices as of yet.

The more I see about the upgrades coming for the Redline, the more you all are pushing me to get one. LOL. Glad to hear that they are working on upgrades ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Thats good news! I'm of the conviction that in six months the parts available for our cars and the Cobalt SS will near rivial the parts available for the Camaro and Corvette.
i agree completely, we've already got quite a bit that people don't realize, but that mostly involves a turbo swap

·
Registered
103 Posts
nice. can't wait to get mine then show up a couple of the skittles around my house(theres 10 of them and only 5 have things done to them)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Great news. Looking forward to that!!!

Get back to us with a price ASAP and also....find out if there will be warranty issues if we have this done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as the warranty goes, the superchargers for the vettes and trucks do NOT void the warranty. magnason has the technician who performed the work fill out the warranty card that is sent back to magnason so that if some does go wrong and the manufacturer will not cover it(which in most cases they do, like 95% of the time) magnason will cover the costs of repair if it had some thing to do with their equipment.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
wolfeman1981 said:
As far as the warranty goes, the superchargers for the vettes and trucks do NOT void the warranty. magnason has the technician who performed the work fill out the warranty card that is sent back to magnason so that if some does go wrong and the manufacturer will not cover it(which in most cases they do, like 95% of the time) magnason will cover the costs of repair if it had some thing to do with their equipment.
That's pretty much the same warranty policy as the new supercharger kit for the NA 2.2 ECOTECs. It doesnt need to be installed by a dealer, but the installation needs to be inspected by the dealer and then calls TCSC with the serial number of the kit in order to obtain the "supercharged" calibration for the ECM/PCM and can then reflash it using a VCI number provided by TCSC. By doing it this way it not only maintains the original vehicle warranty, but initiates the warranty on the supercharger kit as well.

BTW>Magnusen is the company GM uses to plan and design the superchagers for Eaton to manufacture, including the Redline.

WopOnTour

·
Registered
863 Posts
Is this going to be available through any dealer, or just through dealers that already do the Magnusen upgrades?? With 275hp I would only need to find about 25 more to reach my own personal goal....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
25 more hp would be exhaust and perhaps cams.

·
Registered
489 Posts
WopOnTour said:
That's pretty much the same warranty policy as the new supercharger kit for the NA 2.2 ECOTECs. It doesnt need to be installed by a dealer, but the installation needs to be inspected by the dealer and then calls TCSC with the serial number of the kit in order to obtain the "supercharged" calibration for the ECM/PCM and can then reflash it using a VCI number provided by TCSC. By doing it this way it not only maintains the original vehicle warranty, but initiates the warranty on the supercharger kit as well.
Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...When did the N/A supercharger get released? I am truly interested in this. Us slow IONs need retribution as well you know.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
saturnd00d said:
Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...When did the N/A supercharger get released? I am truly interested in this. Us slow IONs need retribution as well you know.
GM recently announced the availability of this kit.The kit uses basically all the same parts as the LSJ except doesnt use an aftercooler (but it could be added). Unfortunately the 2.2 Ecotec SC kit is available only for the Cavalier and Sunfires so far :mad: IMO this is because of the "odd-ball" ECM in the Saturn. The J-Body ECM gets a custom calibration for updating the fuel managment system to work with the boost.
So the existing kit would still be viable if you planned to use a stand-alone control unit or could figure out a way to patch-in the JB ECM. Complete installation instructions for the kit can be found in GMs new ECOTEC building handbook (as well as a heap of pretty good info) here:
http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/downloads/gm_sport_compact_performance_build_book.pdf
HTH
WOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts