Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was heading home from work as usual in my RL. All of a sudden, I notice this obnoxious driver tailing me at about 65 mph in a 50MPH zone. We come up side by side to a red light, and I figure I will "gun" it a little on green. The roads were kind of wet so I wanted to be careful.

As we take off, the 260+HP luxury ricer is about even with me. Going from 2nd to 3rd, my tires are spinning somewhat because of the slick ground. At around 4th gear, i'm at about a 1 car lead on that ugly car. Finally, at arond 60mph the nissan catches me just as I begin to back down.

Even with the poor conditions weighing against my RL, I still managed to win on this road. Unfortunately, it is always sad to see these big cars/arrogant drivers go damn near 85MPH in a 50MPH zone. Even though the race is over, they think they have to prove a point by going WAY too fast for the environment they are in.

Allthough... I would feel pretty shitty after realizing a Saturn just kicked my ass! Not shitty enough to drive like an idiot though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You don't like those Maximas? Oh man, nice cars. Big cars, but nice cars. Guy at work has one. Real quick, pulls hard even with 4 people in it. Not that I would buy one, but I'd take one if it were offered! His is stock, I think they're too expensive and big as the newer model for most 'modders' but that engine is something else....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sp00ner said:
You don't like those Maximas? Oh man, nice cars. Big cars, but nice cars. Guy at work has one. Real quick, pulls hard even with 4 people in it. Not that I would buy one, but I'd take one if it were offered! His is stock, I think they're too expensive and big as the newer model for most 'modders' but that engine is something else....

i agree, i think they are awesome looking cars. I'm sure the 6 speed version would be a good race for you guys, right>

·
Registered
150 Posts
I never woulda thought that a Nissan Maxima 3.5 (especially with the manual) would perform like they do, but damn those boogers pull hard for what they are. Definitely not a sedan to look down on. I think they look a lot better from the side and rear, but their front end is attrocious. I'd still take one, but only if it were given to me: nothing I'd pay big bucks for.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
id take a 2005 acura TL 6 speed over it any day of the week..

270 hp
amaizing looking
better interior

my dad picked one up about 3 months ago, amaizing car!

it was between a cadilic eldorado turing coupe, the last model year they made it, a leftover at a dealer.

or a 05 sts

he was a cadilac man his entire life, but i saw the TLs on the road and asked him to test drive it before he made the decission.

well the next time i saw him he was in a new red TL

i was bummed to see it wasnt a type S, however when i drove it was insane! and when i got back to his house, it turns out they canned the type S for 05. and they all have 270

good stuff

keith-

( i still have a better 2nd gear pull than him, but his third gear is nasty as ****, the
v tech ticks like hell and it just flys forward)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
the maximas are the big daddy versions of are cars put one side by side and look at em its more buly bubbled out but in the same aspects has same everything :(
so technically calling the max ugly is calling redline ugly :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
it was between a cadilic eldorado turing coupe, the last model year they made it, a leftover at a dealer.
Guy at work just got a black one of those, I think it was a... 2000? Just seen it once on Friday... I can't stand the way those Acura's look, that and I hate Hondas... you're right though, good stats on 'em....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cvenom2122 said:
so technically calling the max ugly is calling redline ugly :D
I am not too much into the luxury cars, let alone a foreign one. It may have its similarities to the RL, but there is an obvious difference to me.

So OK, the maxima may not be terribly ugly... but it is still not my style.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Calling the Maxima ugly is calling the RL ugly??????? I guess I'm lost here... Nissan Maxima = Saturn ION RedLine? (WTF) I guess calling a Mustang ugly is calling a Firebird ugly, because they have.... just about nothing in common in the exterior besides being 2door coupes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The front and back end design just doesn't work for me. There is an attempt at a luxury-sport look that seems lacking.

The redline, I believe, has a more sporty look. (Especially with a spoiler like mine...)

Although, the tires do look the same! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Zhuge Liang said:
Well said general, well said.

I request a run with any redline on this forum.

Redlines in my book, against my civic of 9's, is all but one easy page read.
Ahhhh, its so nice to see the ban stick being used so well!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Well said general, well said.

I request a run with any redline on this forum.

Redlines in my book, against my civic of 9's, is all but one easy page read.
They're bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! :confused:

·
Registered
493 Posts
The maximas are nice, but i like the altima better. It looks better and is .2 secs faster since its lighter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts