Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tlake84 came over today so I could help him install his pulley. Install took about 1.5 hours total. anyways I shot some pics of our cars.

·
Registered
489 Posts
tlake, get that thing to the track and post up some track times, also some dyno sheets if you can hopefully. Glad to hear the mod helps alot.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
What's the point of the pulley, besides allowing boost to build faster? I thoght there was no boost incrase from them. :confused:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
matt said:
What's the point of the pulley, besides allowing boost to build faster? I thoght there was no boost incrase from them. :confused:
clownhair said he is seeing 14 psi now so I guess the whole computer limiting boost thing was just a myth.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ABOUT BOOST:

The PCM controlling boost exists, with a smaller pulley you get 14 psi but it gets bled down at the end of the rpm range to about 10 psi.

We did do the boost bypass mod to Tlake84's car and it ran great on the test runs, nice gain from doing it. He drove home 1.5 hours and it sounds like it went fine. My car is also still operating fine with the bypass mod.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Did the smaller pulley make the supercharger whine louder?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Wonderful! I need to get a pulley! Where in Michigan are you from, Clownhair, when I scrounge some money up I may VERY well need some assistance.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Wonderful! I need to get a pulley! Where in Michigan are you from, Clownhair, when I scrounge some money up I may VERY well need some assistance.
I live 15 minutes north of Grand Rapids.

·
Registered
535 Posts
clownhair said:
tlake84 came over today so I could help him install his pulley. Install took about 1.5 hours total.
So you gonna help me with mine? Im buying one before the week is out :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts