Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i raced a SRT-4 last night with nothing done and i have a brand new RL it had over 500 miles on it at the time when we raced we went from a roll first and then from a stop and i got walked by about 4 to 5 cars each time. will my RL be faster in like the next 1000 miles when the break in period is over?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yea the only benefit is you can beat a srt 4 in 1st if ya shift riight ;) after that :eek: by by my bro has SRT-4 he runs 13.9 consistantly, and i can beat him entire first gear because they wheel hop worse than us :p they have great tires (K/a series from bridgestone) compared to us i will be buying those ones soon also 124 each for are car :D l8r all

·
Registered
535 Posts
You shouldnt have lost by that much. Keep practicing your launches and shift points and youll do beter. I bet a stock SRT4. It was from a roll, I had intake, exhaust, and I onlt beat him by about a car. The point is its possible. Just keep practicing and add some simple mods (intake, exhaust, header) and youl start taking them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
gm3saturn said:
You shouldnt have lost by that much. Keep practicing your launches and shift points and youll do beter. I bet a stock SRT4. It was from a roll, I had intake, exhaust, and I onlt beat him by about a car. The point is its possible. Just keep practicing and add some simple mods (intake, exhaust, header) and youl start taking them.
I think the SRT4 has a pretty high trap speed which would be the reason why he walked him by that much. And yes mods will help, but do realize that the SRT4 has a great aftermarket already since its been out longer. If your modded, look for stock or lightly modded SRT4's, but stay away from the heavily modded ones. :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
bikeluver43 said:
I think the SRT4 has a pretty high trap speed which would be the reason why he walked him by that much. And yes mods will help, but do realize that the SRT4 has a great aftermarket already since its been out longer. If your modded, look for stock or lightly modded SRT4's, but stay away from the heavily modded ones. :)
They are damn quike cars. With some basic mods and a good driver the RL can beat a stock or near stock SRT4. Some of those fuckers are up to about 430 WHP and up.

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
gm3saturn said:
They are damn quike cars. With some basic mods and a good driver the RL can beat a stock or near stock SRT4. Some of those fuckers are up to about 430 WHP and up.

some at 500hp...

The Redline awaits the Psi-Fi kit...... Big things are brewing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts