Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided today that I wanted to wash my car, but I didn't really have the time or motivation to spend another hour waxing and polishing my car. When I was at Pep Boys I passed a bottle of Meguiar's Quick Detailer, so I decided to pick it up to see how it works.

I've never been happier with my car after a 45 minute driveway wash. After my car dried, it still looked like crap, as always (where I live in Delaware has very hard water, and it ALWAYS leaves spots, there's no getting around it) so I decided to give this stuff a go. All you do is spray on, and immediately spread it with a cloth, then put a little more elbow grease in to it to wipe it off. Simple as that.

Not only did i remove every single water mark on the car COMPLETELY, but it also picked up some dirt/dust that I missed, or stuff (pollen) that had gotten on the car in the 10 minutes it was sitting to dry. I'll just let some pictures do the rest of the talking:

(The dust speck-looking things in this pic are from the terry cloth that I used for the application...it was a new towel, didn't feel like washing it)

So if you're looking for a very quick way to give your car a really nice shine and a very smooth finish, I highly suggest this product.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SilverRedLine04 said:
thats a fantastic looking redline buddy

A++
Thanks dude

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
the set is the best it comes with wash, wax, quick detailer, scratch x, polish, the whole package, LOL! FTW i love them.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
burnrubr88 said:
awesome lookin car man. thats how wingless should be done.
how much of the spray does it use to do the whole car?
Honestly I'm not sure, I can't imagine I used more than 1/5 of the bottle. I'd say it's probably got about 4 or 5 more full car uses in it.

·
Lurking Diplomat
397 Posts
I've been using the Quick Detailer for a long time (since my pre-redline days). It's great for all-around cleaning the car in between full-out washes. I've always hated actually washing the car, as every time it's washed, it's just one step closer to needing to be waxed again, so this stuff works great without eating away at the wax.

I keep a bottle in my trunk, along with a few microfiber cleaning cloths, just in case I get hit with some bird shit/dripped on/otherwise defiled and need to do a quick clean-up. Also is safe to use inside on the dash, windows, and other hard surfaces. It's a true multi-purpose product and I've always been happy with it.

As far as how long it lasts... giving the car a good once-over about once a week, I go through a big bottle about every month to month and a half depending on the weather (I don't have a garage so it's pointless to clean it when it's about to rain). I'd say each large bottle is good for four or five wipe-downs. At about seven bucks a bottle, that's better than any car wash.

·
Registered
946 Posts
yeah man very slick. I love that stuff. It also works well for the clay bar system (where I first got into using it) I don't carry a bottle around in the trunk, but I do have one I use from time to time after I wash the car. Fantastic stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts