6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comes with clutch, pressure plate, Throwout bearing, msrp 325$
anyone else have it?
I will have it in soon. Its orderd.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
where did you order it? also i heard all the suppliers have not gotten the clutches from GM yet so....

·
OG Factory Freak
17,332 Posts
not to threadjack, but I heard you found a transmission...if everything works out, are you keeping the RL?

·
Registered
299 Posts
so does any one know if this will fit a 04 redline also? from what i noticed their isnt any difference between the 04 and 05+ redlines transmissions (internally) cause all of the other clutch companys say the their clutchs work from 04+ i emailed CED to see what they say.

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
Helluva price for an upgraded clutch. Good to know it's actually going to be around.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not to threadjack, but I heard you found a transmission...if everything works out, are you keeping the RL?
Yea if it works out i plan on keeping it..
Hopefully i will have my trannies switched out and i will let you guys know what i think about this clutch.
My tranny shipped out today.
My price for saturn parts would have been like 490$ for stock parts and with this clutch kit the same parts is 258 roughly.

·
Registered
961 Posts
FAIL on my part if that thing can support over 300whp. i paid $500 for my spec stage 2+ clutch and kept the stock fly wheel and didn't even replace the throw out bearing.

i'd like to hear how it turns out.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FAIL on my part if that thing can support over 300whp. i paid $500 for my spec stage 2+ clutch and kept the stock fly wheel and didn't even replace the throw out bearing.

i'd like to hear how it turns out.
It can support up to 300 hp and it comes with the clutch pressure plate throw out bearing (slave cylinder is intergrated into the throw out) and im having the fly wheel refinished.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
It can support up to 300 hp and it comes with the clutch pressure plate throw out bearing (slave cylinder is intergrated into the throw out) and im having the fly wheel refinished.
well 300hp doesn't equal 300whp so i wonder which is correct

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
mine slips and has been for a while now. i think i'm gonna pick the one up off gmpartsdirect as soon as CED replies about the 04...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well it is suppose to be an upgrade from the stock clutch. So what power are some guys running on there stock clutch?
i was on stock clutch. no slippage at all launching or roll races or power shifting nothing! then i added the 45wet shot and it just would slip going into 2nd then spraying or sometimes spin all of 2nd and then i would shift to third around 60mph or so and it would just slip all of 3rd. personally i think you need a decent clutch or at least brand new clutch to support spray. when you run spray your pushing 300torque and 300whp pretty dang quick (at like 4k rpm's your already over both those numbers).

when you run a turbo car that is laggy it doesn't get all it's power until the top rpm's so it's chance of slipping is less. at least that is what i make of it. some guys run stock clutch on a turbo setup and are just fine b/c it's so laggy and it's a gradual up in hp. when your running spray you click that damn button at 3k rpm's and your wide open throttle you got it all coming at you all at once so it's a big hit on the clutch.

btw my stock clutch is fine on gm stage 2 + 2.80 pulley i still have it and when i sell the car or if i messed up my spec stage2 i'll put it right back on and it will not slip at all anywhere

1 - 20 of 135 Posts