Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I
7,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These aren't painted, but actual mesh. Has anyone else done this? Now i just have to figure out how to do the very small outter ones. There was someone on here who did the one in the rear. Any idea's how to mount it? There isn't much there that i have seen to mount it too, unless i screw it into the cushion that is back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I like that look. Where'd you get those at?

and....did you have take that whole black piece off that spans the entire front end?

·
I
7,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the screen from Auto Zone and all i did was take that whole piece of plastic that spans the front end off. I took a dremel to the outter ones then sanded them down to make them smooth. I masked everything off and painted it all flat black (guess it's the military thing in me) that i had lying around the house. I cut the screens to go around the clips that hold it all together. Then i just slapped on some 60 second epoxy and held it in place with some duct tape, to keep it held down until the epoxy cures. For the center one i cut the screen to fit the entire thing then just pushed it on over the pegs that stick out, then put some epoxy around that to hold it in place. All in all it took me about 3 hours, enough to let the paint dry. All i need to do now is take apart the two small outter ones and see how i can do that.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the two outer ones pull of just be easy with them kinda stick your finger under the bottom and pull up they will snap out, i have not figured out what to do with them yet but they do come off easy

·
I
7,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if i just want to take them out all together, put some mesh in them or figure out a way that i can make a brake duct to cool the front brakes. It all depends on what is behind them.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I was looking at some ducting running from the side grills there, but there sure as hell isn't much room behind them for anything to squeeze through. I was looking to see if I could get a duct from the vent to the airbox somehow, but it there was about 3" of slush on the ground here so I couldn't get under it. I really would like to seal a hose on the back of that vent and lead it right to the air box, maybe only hook it up at the track. Don't want it to suck in water around town...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I
7,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if i would run a duct to the air filter, just for the fact water may get into it. I'm not sure if there is a way that i can do the ducting to the brakes, it was just a thought.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah, I have been looking at the openings. The right hand side, you could easily run some duct there. if anything, just to flow cool air over the motor. You could come up through the hole in the inner fender. From there, who knows, but you would be in the bay. It would have to be rather small duct though, unless you really wanted to do some cutting. There would have to be some small cutting required as it is.

You could also flow some air direct to the brakes with a duct from there. looking at the small outer pieces though, it looks like it is solid behind those inserts, no actual cutout. I would want to blow some air onto the brake just hoping it would keep some of that damn dust from settling on there!!!

Kinda pissed though, as when i was looking at how to remove the stock pieces of plastic, I saw that there were no screws on the underside of the insert, and when driving, the plastic has been bl;owing back in and has scratched the blue... Something else for them to paint when they redo the trunck, when I find time to get it in there...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Kirtsky said:
Yeah, I have been looking at the openings. The right hand side, you could easily run some duct there. if anything, just to flow cool air over the motor. You could come up through the hole in the inner fender. From there, who knows, but you would be in the bay. It would have to be rather small duct though, unless you really wanted to do some cutting. There would have to be some small cutting required as it is.

You could also flow some air direct to the brakes with a duct from there. looking at the small outer pieces though, it looks like it is solid behind those inserts, no actual cutout. I would want to blow some air onto the brake just hoping it would keep some of that damn dust from settling on there!!!
I think if you just removed the passenger's side 'vent' that it would get plenty of air to the engine area without a duct. It looked like the only path the air would have once it got into the front would be up and into the engine bay.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
943 Posts
Good point, as the bottom panel and inner fender form sort of an airbox. That would push som air into the bay.

Any idea what that hole is for in the metal anyway?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts