Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How safe are methanol kits if they are tunned to the car properly? Is it safe on the engine enjecting an methanol/water mixture?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
As long as you keep the tank full... you shouldn't have any issues.
There are plenty of guys that do the W/M thing, and don't seem to have a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now i know i asked you this already, if i were to install the kit prior to the stage 3 it can be turned off.. is it worth turning on with out the stage 3? Would i see better gas milage or even a increase in power?

As long as you keep the tank full... you shouldn't have any issues.
There are plenty of guys that do the W/M thing, and don't seem to have a problem.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Now i know i asked you this already, if i were to install the kit prior to the stage 3 it can be turned off.. is it worth turning on with out the stage 3? Would i see better gas milage or even a increase in power?
On a bone stock car, without tuning... probably not.

·
Registered
448 Posts
From my knowledge it helps with stage 3 because of the added heat from the smaller pulley, but with no staging I don't see a point since you iat shouldnt be high, but less heat equals out to more power given the right mix

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm still thinking about it myself but I prob won't do it till I goto my 2.7 and get my dual pass, but fun fact for me, where is the factory pass endplate

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be much use untill a 2.7 on m62 or TVS. The endplate is located on the lower intake manifold under the supercharger air intake. Has two coolant lines run to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts