Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos up for it? 18June, lapper dragway. Its about 20 minutes out side of flint and well worth the drive. Saturdays are for test and tune so there wont be aby bracket racing. Look forward to at least 10-15 runs. Racing starts at noon and goes until dark I think. I say we meet at 10:30 in the Wal-Mart parking lot on the I94 and M59 (hall road).

Cost:
$25 to run
$10 to watch (but who the hell just wants to watch)
$5 bucks for helmet rental
Side note, long pants are required.

So whos in?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'd definitely be in, I should have enough money to go race that day. However, if it's near Flint, wouldn't it be easier for everybody involved just to take 75 north and meet somewhere Flint area?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not actually in flint. Its off of 69 and lapper RD. The only way I know to get there is I75 to lapper RD (same exit as the palace) and take that for about 45 miles. Or I94 to 69 to lapper road. I think 94 might be faster but Im not sure. If yall would rather take lapper thats cool too. Also, I thought it might be cool to have a group criuze.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am going to just watch, since I don't race my Ion. You can't possibly race with chrome rims, haha. Anyways, I say we meet at Dave and Busters at M-53 & M-59. You could go M-53 to I-69 to lapeer. That would be faster.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ionchick said:
I am going to just watch, since I don't race my Ion. You can't possibly race with chrome rims, haha. Anyways, I say we meet at Dave and Busters at M-53 & M-59. You could go M-53 to I-69 to lapeer. That would be faster.
Sounds good to me. If joe goes I bet you would beat the crap out of the box :D

By the way, I like the signature

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
jgb989989 said:
you only need a helmey if faster than 13.99

you guys drive saturns for craps sake

hahaha just messing
Well I am gonna remove my mirrors, atenna and take my spare tire out. That should get me into the low 13's lol :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
jgb989989 said:
you only need a helmey if faster than 13.99

you guys drive saturns for craps sake

hahaha just messing
All drivers must wear helmets

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
This is this Saturday? If so I don't think I will be able to make it. I have company coming from out of town on Friday and I am on vacation. We might go maybe. Depends on what they want to do. Well what she wants to do. But she is as big of a car geek as the rest of us. So I will wait to see what the plan is. I may just meet up with ya'll just to say hello. Let me know when and where everyone is meeting. We may come up for a few hours. Hell she might want to race my car. Wait no, jpapa's, he has a lease. lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a couple of buddies coming. One dude with a 15psi eagle talon and anouther who should have his turbo done on his focus SVT. That this is going to fly.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I should be able to make it. I was hoping to have the header and the 3 inch exhaust done by then, but it looks like that won't be. :(

But it still should be fun.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dazednconfused75 said:
Is is turbo Tom's kit?
Turbo tom? I dont think so.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
myredline said:
I should be able to make it. I was hoping to have the header and the 3 inch exhaust done by then, but it looks like that won't be. :(

But it still should be fun.
bring Mr. 2 :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Is Lapeer's track any good? Is it 1/8 or 1/4 mile? I've never been to it, but I pass it everytime when I'm in Michigan in July.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts